A pink faced girl with a white headscarf stumbled out of the line, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down. ‘HUFFLEPUFF!’ shouted the hat. The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table; the ghost of the Fat Friar waving merrily at her.
1. Just like roses come in colours other than red, love comes in forms other than romantic.
2. The more you define love, the lesser you know about it.
3. Unrequited love is isn’t whole and something incomplete isn’t love.
4. Love is passion but love is not destruction.
Love never destroys - the lack of it does.
5. People love differently but no matter how they express themselves, if they love you, they will find a way to make sure you know it as well as you know your favourite poem.
6. If being in love is hurting you more than its making you happy, chances are, it’s probably not love.
7. Love isn’t what two people share on social media but rather what they don’t share on social media.
8. Love isn’t blind and love isn’t stupid. Love has the most beautiful eyes and love is wise. Don’t let ‘love’ be an excuse for someone’s unacceptable behaviour.
9. Love is like glitter. No matter how much you try, glitter is hard to completely get rid of. Love leaves but it always leaves behind a part of it. If you’ve loved someone truly, a part of you will always love them irrespective of what year it is or how things ended. And that’s not pathetic and that’s not sad.
10. Love is strong and pure. Love didn’t make you weak or bitter - people you are unlucky to know and feel what love is made you that way.
It’s the hunt that will lead to Mary leaving but this is before the children and the bones when they’re in Kinko’s making FBI badges. Usually, Sam makes them but Mary was curious so Dean came too and now, they’ve all gotten a little silly and Dean has threatened to make Sam’s on pink paper and just declared himself (as ‘Roger Daltry’) to be far too good looking to be in law enforcement.
“It’s the green eyes,” Mary says and bats hers exaggeratedly at Sam and then laughs and accidentally snorts. It’s the snort that gets Sam. In his imagining of a mom, he never thought snorky noises. Dean’s all eye crinkles. People are looking at them which is not the point so they try to straighten up.
“Your eyes are hazel,” Mary says to Sam.
“Heterochromatic,” Dean says and Sam had no idea Dean even remembered. Mary looks at Dean and he shrugs. “He came home from biology all jazzed because his teacher told him his eyes were heterochromatic. Means ‘calico’.”
“Your eyes are calico?” Mary asks.
“Sort of,” Sam says. “They’re brown around the iris and blue everywhere else.”
“Let me see,” Mary says and stands on her tiptoes in Kinko’s looking in his eyes while he feels weird and let’s her look opening his eyes wide which makes him feel like he’s staring at her. He can’t believe Dean remembered that. He puts hazel on everything. They were doing simple genetics; Mendel and his peas, a blue eyes and brown and he asked his teacher about hazel. She looked at his eyes and the next class told him about heterochromatia and all the variations.
“Your eyes are gorgeous,” Mary says and smiles. “And you’ve got the shape of my grandmother’s eyes. She was Hungarian. Tatar eyes. Said they were a gift of the steppes.”
It’s a moment suspended in time, his mother looking at his eyes. Then she turns to Dean and says, “You got yours from the milkman.”
At the consternated look on his face she makes that funny snort sound again and covers her mouth with her hand.
i know i can't reveal the identity of a minor without parental consent
but by the way, this kid rides a motorbike. he also has blonde hair, beautiful eyes, is about 6'3", muscular but lean, attends red hook high school, has a girlfriend he doesn't pay a lot of attention to, and his dad is scary
Sketches of Mycroft’s Eyes by Alexander Nussbaum, humble draftsman and character from Serpentynka’s Sketchy series.
Done with graphite pencils of a range of hardnesses in Lexie’s sketchbook at various times when he couldn’t quite shake that gaze.
Created for the print version of Sketchy 2, which will include art by me, @khorazir, @meetingyourmaker, and the author @theartofforensics. Thank you, I’m so pleased to be a part of this. They look a bit fuzzy in this post, so open in new tab for a larger and crisper view.