What are your top ten fluffy MakoHaru hcs? And your top ten smutty MakoHaru hcs?
This is such a hard question! There are so many things that I adore so to have to pick my favourites? That’s nearly impossible, but I’m going to try my best. Some of these things might be headcanons that some of my friends once told me and I adopted them, or headcanons that I’ve told my friends before. I’m not sure if these are really my all-time favourites but they are the things that come to mind first when I see this question. These are all my personal headcanons. They’re also in no particular order.
1. Makoto proposed to Haru at their special spot (the one where they had the fight) beside the sea during the yearly festival and he was incredibly nervous. He didn’t really know why, because it wasn’t like he was afraid that Haru would turn him down, but it’s such an important moment that he can’t help but be a bit nervous. When Makoto tried to speak up, Haru spoke at the same time but he allowed Makoto to go first. So Makoto gives his little speech and goes down on one knee and pulls out the box with the ring. “Haru, will you marry me?” Makoto asked and at first Haru looked shocked before he started to laugh loudly. Makoto was a bit bewildered because he has no idea why Haru’s laughing, but Haru’s laugh is so beautiful and contagious so he can’t help but laugh as well. When Haru stopped laughing he reached inside his pocket and took out his own box, opening it to reveal a matching ring inside. “Only if you’ll marry me, too.” was his response and at that moment everything clicked together and Makoto began to laugh as well and he got up and hugged Haru tightly against his chest. Haru returned his embrace and they shared their first kiss as fiancés while the fireworks exploded behind them.
2. Lazy mornings spent in bed together are their favourite. Haru is the one who usually wakes up first and although he normally goes to take his morning bath, when they have nowhere they need to be during the day he will stay in bed and slowly run his hand through Makoto’s hair, pressing tiny kisses against his skin while he patiently waits for Makoto to wake up too. When Makoto does wake up, he’ll smile drowsily at Haru before pulling him closer, kissing his forehead while he murmurs “good morning”. They’re content just lying there for as long as they can, drifting in and out of sleep while they feel nothing but love and comfort and warmth and security enveloping them.
3. Next to a usual birthday present, they always make those coupons (one free hug, one free kiss, etc.) for each other and give them to each other for their birthday. Haru always uses all of his on his birthday, while Makoto is always really careful with them and keeps them for a long time. Haru honestly doesn’t know why, because it’s just a cute little thing they do for each other, it’s not like he won’t get a kiss if he doesn’t have a coupon for it, but Makoto still values them and Haru respects that and doesn’t question it any further. Then, when Makoto’s had a particularly rough day, he’ll come home and wordlessly walk to his bedside drawer, after which he gives Haru a coupon like “one free cuddle session on the couch” and Haru just smiles in understanding and pulls him over to the couch, where the cuddle for the rest of the afternoon. Makoto uses his coupons when he needs them most.
4. There was no big confession scene, no big moment of realisation of love, no spectacular first kiss (although I love all of those things so much and I will keep writing and consuming them for the rest of my days.) Throughout the years, their relationship naturally developed into something more, it grew with them. Their first kiss was one that they shared while they were cuddled up and watching a movie together; their eyes met and their lips were naturally drawn to each other in a sweet and chaste kiss, after which they smiled at each other before cuddling even closer together and continuing to watch the movie as if nothing had happened. Simple, natural, and familiar.
5. This is not really a headcanon since it’s half-canon but Haru is a very jealous person. There are times when Makoto gets jealous too but he’s very subtle about it. Haru is not. He can and will show everyone that Makoto is taken and that they need to back the hell off. This always results into him pouting and glaring and clinging to Makoto. Even if Makoto wished that Haru didn’t feel the need to become jealous because it’s not like Makoto even sees anyone else when he has Haru, but he can’t deny that his Haru-chan is incredibly cute.
6. They’re usually pretty discreet about PDA but they love walking hand-in-hand (and just holding hands in general) and that is usually as far as they’ll go when they’re out in public, but sometimes, if one of them is feeling bold, they’ll steal a quick kiss when no one is looking. The only exception to their rule is when they’re drunk, and Haru is a very clingy drunk. Makoto, on the other hand, is a very quiet, happy type of drunk, like he’ll just sit there and smile and let everything happen. So whenever they’re out at a party of one of Makoto’s college friends or something, Haru is half in Makoto’s lap, nuzzling his head into his chest while Makoto just smiles and lets it happen because he doesn’t have a care in the world.
7. There are moments in their daily lives when time suddenly stands still as they’re overwhelmed with how much they love each other. Like Haru will just be cooking and Makoto’s heart just skips a beat because wow, Haru is so cute and beautiful and he loves him so so much and he could practically cry because there are too much emotions to contain within him. Or Makoto has fallen asleep on the couch with his glasses on and Haru’s belly just starts tingling with butterflies because even after all these years, he’s still so in love with Makoto, he falls in love with him over and over again every single day and he realises that he’s so lucky to share a life with his best friend. Their relationship is natural and incredibly beautiful and they never fail to realise how much they love each other and how happy they are together.
8. Haru loves drawing Makoto. He has dozens of sketchbooks throughout the years that have Makoto’s image plastered all over them, in all kinds of scenarios; of Makoto swimming, of Makoto sleeping, of Makoto smiling, anything you can imagine, really. Makoto never looks at his drawings if Haru doesn’t show them to him because he respects Haru’s privacy and boundaries, but sometimes Haru does share these drawings with him and Makoto is so amazed at how incredible Haru is at literally everything he does. Haru always blushes and brushes his compliments off, but he’s secretly really happy with Makoto’s praise.
9. They love to cuddle. In bed, on the couch, in bath, it really doesn’t matter where they are as long as they get to hold each other. It’s always a bit conflicting though, because they both love being the little spoon AND the big spoon, and they can’t decide what’s their favourite; they both love being held but also holding the other. So usually they cuddle based on what mood they are in, but if they still can’t decide then they’ll just face each other, tangle their limbs together and bury their face in the other’s hair or chest.
10. Haru knows where the key to his university’s pool is and they sometimes sneak into the building at night so they can swim together without any disturbance and just the pool for the two of them. At first Makoto was scared to get caught but he eventually relaxed the more often they did it. It’s in those moments that they feel really calm, truly themselves during the hectic Tokyo life and they spend the nights swimming together, floating in together, kissing each other tenderly.
I’ll put the smutty headcanons under the cut because this is getting longer than I anticipated.