I’m having a lot of feelings lately about the nostalgic Harry Potter fandom (The pre-tumblr days!).
Shoutout to all of the old, bizarre, theories that the Harry Potter fandom came up with (while the books were still coming out). The theories that were posted on message boards and were discussed with so much detail that we were all convinced that they were going to happen in the later books.
It’s 12:26 AM and I can’t remember them all but some of my favorites were:
• Ron was really a time-traveling, de-aged, Dumbledore.
• Crookshanks was an Animagus.
• Fred Weasley was going to turn out to be the evil twin.
• Petunia was a witch.
• I can’t remember the specifics but there were a lot of theories about what was going to happen to Ginny since Jo once mentioned that she was the seventh child of the seventh child. (Boy did that turn out to be anticlimactic.)
• Harry had a twin.
• Snape was really Regulus in disguise.
• The Giant Squid was really Godric Gryffindor.