eggsy learning to play the ukelele and he sings let’s just fall in love again to harry to wake him up every morning and he knits big soft socks for harry and puppies’ clothes for their 2 dogs so that his loved ones will always be warm and cozy.
“He asked me right after he’d pulled me out of the lake,” Hermione muttered. […] He sort of pulled me away from the judges so they wouldn’t hear, and he said, if I wasn’t doing anything over the summer, would I like to -“ “And what did you say?” said Ron, who had picked up his pestle and was grinding “And he did say he’d never felt the same way about anyone else,” Hermione went on, going so red now that Harry could almost feel the heat coming from her.
Harry Potter being raised right, by Sirius Black who just ‘fuck rules, Moony, I’m not letting my Godson live in hell’ because he managed to transform into his animagi form and escape the scene of the crime before he got caught, and took Harry before Dumbledore said anything. Him technically being an Honorary Potter, still gives Harry the protection from Voldemort, while at 12 Grimmauld Place.
Him carrying a baby Harry, who just started speaking, his first words being, ‘Dada’, which makes him start to cry and ‘no, Harry, he’s not here. It’s only Padfoot and Moony now.’ And Harry giggling, because he’s only an infant, and is innocent like that.
Harry being sent to Neville Longbottom’s grandmother’s place during full moons so Padfoot can take care of Moony.
Harry when he’s 2, and can only call them ‘MoonMoon, and Pa'foo’ and laughing when they play Hide And Seek, and Moony just found Padfoot and Harry sleeping on the couch, Padfoot protectively draping his paw around Harry, in his animagi form, and Harry clutching onto the fur happily as he sleeps.
Moony and Padfoot buying a toy broomstick for Harry when he’s 4, and he learns to fly before he can walk, but, 'Its only two feet about the ground, Moony, relax.’
Harry finding the portrait of the Black Family tree, and seeing Padfoot blasted off of it. Harry getting angry, and drawing Padfoot back onto the portrait, with 'Padfoot’, with his crayons, and putting 'Moony’ next to it, and later covering all the other people in his black coloured crayon. 'I’m covering them up.’
Moony and Padfoot telling Harry the truth about his parents when he’s 7, because 'He’s old enough, Padfoot, and he needs to know what really happened. We’d be no better than those Dursleys if we didn’t.’
Harry understanding completely, crying a bit, in the middle of the night, but making sure no one heard him. The next day, Harry asks about his parents, and what they were like.
Harry getting small things that belonged to Lily, that Moony and Padfoot got from the house, and kept for him, including a picture of James and Lily’s first kiss, and many small muggle items she had from when she was small. He also got a sweater that belonged to James, which was from his Quidditch Practicing days.
Moony and Padfoot teaching Harry small jinxes and counter Jinxes when he’s 8, and Harry sneakily using a jinx on Padfoot because it was a prank war, and every prank war means at least one man having pink hair.
Harry when he’s nine, and being prepped on everything to do with Hogwarts, and how to get away from trouble, and which teachers to avoid or go to in the school, if Harry can’t contact Moony or Padfoot.
Harry being 10, and waking up in the middle of the night, to see Moony and Padfoot sleeping together on the couch, Moony putting his head on Padfoot’s lap, while his hand is in Moon’s hair, as he was playing with his hair before he fell asleep. Harry giggling, because 'Moony and Padfoot are in loveeee~’ yet neither of them deny it.
Harry getting his letter to Hogwarts as soon as he turns 11, and Moony and Padfoot’s throw a small party to celebrate, inviting Neville as well.
The three of them going to Diagon Alley, and many people greeting Harry, and Padfoot boasting about it, while Moony laughs.
Harry getting to meet many kids who might meet him at Hogwarts, including Ddaco Malfoy, and Padfoot growling when he sees Lucius, and says 'they’re a bad sort, Harry, keep away from them,’ but he didn’t listen, and being the small outgoing kid he was, he went to say 'Hi! Are you going to Hogwarts too?’ And Draco, actually being surprised and smiling awkwardly because his father was talking to the shopkeeper, at the corner of the room, so he didn’t know what to say, and he nods. Padfoot smiling because Harry looks happy, and Moony thinks that maybe Draco might be different.
Harry promising to send them letters every single day, by owl, while he hugs them goodbye, and runs towards the Hogwarts Express, waving at them until they are no longer visible.
Harry keeping his promise and telling Moony and Padfoot all about Hermione Jean Granger, and Ronald 'Ron’ Weasley, who are his new best friends, and Draco Malfoy 'who is an absolute git sometimes, but can actually be a sweetheart.’ and how Hermione and Ron managed to help him battle a troll in the girls bathroom, as well as meet Fluffy, the three headed dog, and how they played a game of wizard chess, and defeated Lord Voldemort, who was stuck on Professor Quirrell’s head, and how, when he saw the Mirror of Erised, he saw Padfoot, Moony, Lily, and James, (Or mum and dad) standing next to him, while they sat in the house. Oh and 'I’m seeker for the Gryffindors! Just like dad!’
Harry receiving a howler the next day, which was the day before Ron received it, and hearing Moony scream himself raw, 'YOU WERE TAUGHT BETTER THAN TO FIGHT WITH SEVERUS— “Moony, it’s Snivellus, Harry meant no harm, I’m sure of it.” — AND HAD ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO DISOBEY ORDERS. PADFOOT, DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY? “I’m proud of you, Harry, keep up the good work. Tell Snivellus that if he irritates you any longer, he’s gonna have to speak to me.” PADFOO-’ And the Howler ends, bursting into flames, while Ron is laughing, and Hermione smiles, while Draco hollers a “congrats Potter!” and I AM SORRY FOR TAKING UP YOUR TIME BUT I VERY WELL NEED THIS IN MY LIFE, AND SO DO YOU.
why don’t we talk more about the “magnus is quite magical……..he’s-uh-he’s very good at magic” scene???? like wtf even was that
a stoic ass character just deadass melted into a puddle of anxiety and nerves and gushed at the news that the nearest high warlock would be called to consult at the institute (aka: “m-magnus bane?? to come here??? to the institute????”)
y'all deadass alec had a dead body in front of him and was examining it like it was just a pile of files at his desk but as soon as magnus was mentioned, his whole resolve dissolved into nothing and he was trying to keep his shit together and trying to act like he HAD his shit together when really he just became a babbling rambling mess who couldn’t shut up about magnus and how magical he is
it doesn’t stop there tho bc then, probably like not even an hour later, alec chooses to spar in the training room without a shirt on, KNOWING that magnus was going to be there and he was likely going to run into him. (oh and don’t even try to cover his ass by saying “this just how he trains!!! to not get sweat on his shirt!!!!” or some shit like that bc i now have enough receipts of alec training with a shirt on to royally debunk such statements and shut that shit down)
but anyways lmao what really fucking gets me is that he don’t even put a shirt on when he does happen to run into magnus (or magnus runs into him rather). his knowing ass just puts on a light jacket that has a zipper BUT HE DON’T EVEN ZIP THAT SHIT UP HOW WILD IS THAT.
you can’t possibly tell me all that is a fucking coincidence lmao
to sum shit up, in the simplest terms and most convenient definitions, i’ll say this again:
I’m sure this has been done before, but I absolutely live for pansy/Harry friendship
- Pansy and Harry become friends even before Drarry happens
- it’s eighth year, and of course all the returning students are grouped in one big dorm because house unity and all that
- Harry can’t sleep. The nightmares are too much, and he doesn’t want to bother his roommate *cough*draco*cough* because he’s his ex-rival for merlin’s sake and that’s just /awkward/
- so he sits by the hearth in the common room, where everything is usually purple and gray but right now the fire is roaring and everything is bathed in a wonderful orange light
- and he doesn’t notice Parkinson sitting in the love seat to his left until she shifts and drawls out a scathing “well if it isn’t the boy who just won’t die”
- and of course Harry jumps, wand out and pointed at Pansy’s throat in half a second
- she stares at it and pushes it away in silence
- there’s the expected “nightmare?” “Yeah. You?” “Same as you, what do you expect” exchange then comfortable silence
- eventually they fall asleep where they are
- in the morning, pansy’s gone and Harry’s late for breakfast
- neither of them say anything about it, but she nevertheless slips him an extra hot coffee as she leaves the great hall
- it happens again that night
- this time, they talk about it
- “what’s it like to die?”
- he starts. He’s never told anyone about that. Ever.
- and that’s how he finds out that Pansy is a legilimens
- “why don’t you look for yourself?”
- “I’m not a barbarian, Potter”
- so he tells her. And she listens.
- she asks why he didn’t tell Weasley and Granger
- “they worry too much”
- and she gets it
- the next night, she tells him why she doesn’t boast about her legilimency
- “My Death Eater family loved to exploit it. When old Voldy came back, he forced me to use it to find out his victim’s fears and weaknesses. I was a puppet. I didn’t ask for that.”
- “None of us did.”
- they meet like this every night, when the nightmares are too much or the insomnia sets in
- she explains that sleeping was too much like passing out from Crucio
- He talks about how weird it feels since Draco started ignoring him
- they talk about Draco a lot
- “he wasn’t always that way. You should’ve seen him as a child, when his father would be away on business. I’d never met anyone more in love with life.”
- they don’t talk for the rest of that night
- he notices the slytherin Trio has mostly broken up
- Pansy, surprisingly, hangs out with Luna during the day
- Harry asks about it
- Pansy shrugs “she doesn’t dwell on the past”
- One day Hermione and Ron don’t show up for breakfast
- Pansy takes the seat next to Harry, “ she snuck into his room last night after you went to bed. Kicked Blaise out and everything.”
- They talk about life after hogwarts
- “you don’t want to be an auror anymore, then? Thought saving people gave you a hard on, Potty”
- he laughs for the first time in a long while
- “it gets boring after the first couple hundred times, I guess”
- “well, Mcgonagall obviously wants you for the DADA position”
- they walk together to herbology
- Draco gawks as they enter the greenhouse
- Pansy offers a small smile
- Draco turns away
- Harry sulks
- Ron and Hermione show up a minute later, Hermione blushing and Ron raising an eyebrow at Harry, but he doesn’t say anything when Pansy whispers something in Harry’s ear that makes him grin wide
- It’s the middle of the year, and Harry and Pansy have established a sort of routine
- they meet every night, sometimes to talk, sometimes to take walks around the castle, sometimes just to sit in each other’s presence until they fall asleep
- in the morning, whoever wakes first brings up two mugs from breakfast, if it’s Pansy she brings cocoa, while Harry brings coffee
- Harry asks why Pansy always wears extra layers, or uses far more blankets than normal
- he mentions that Malfoy does it, too
- “Draco never told you?” “I never asked”
- it’s a side effect of the Cruciatus and Imperio Curses
- Harry thinks he understands
- He pats her hand, and she wonders why he’s so warm
- he shrugs. He’s always been like that.
- maybe it’s because of his mother’s love, he jokes
- she just looks at him. “Perhaps you’re right about something for once, Potty.”
- the next morning, Draco wakes early to find them snuggled together in front of the dying embers, Pansy leaning into Harry, extra blankets discarded on the floor
- he can’t help the tight, smoldering feeling in his chest as he walks to breakfast
- it’s Saturday, so there’s no class, but Blaise still leaves a mug of coffee and a cup of cocoa on the coffee table in the common room for when they wake, warming charms cast to keep the drinks steaming
- when they wake up, it’s not awkward at all. Just comfortable.
- like sharing a bed with your sibling
- they enjoy their arrangement, and Pansy takes advantage of Harry’s warmth constantly
- eighth years are allowed to leave the grounds at any point, so long as they obey curfew
- Harry and Pansy visit Hogsmeade together shortly after Christmas break
- while out for lunch, they run into Draco
- Pansy invites him along
- Harry and Draco start talking and don’t stop
- Pansy is torn; she hates being a third wheel, but she thinks she ships the two more
- she excuses herself, claiming exhaustion, and finds a quaint book shop near the edge of the village
- There, she runs into a distressed Granger
- turns out, Granger broke it off with Weasley
- Pansy is surprisingly good at comforting others, and shares her unexpected love of books with Hermione
- but while Hermione adores nonfiction, Pansy reads fiction. Thus, a friendship grows
- their day at the book store marks the start of a new relationship
- she tells Harry about her impromptu date with hermione
- “on a first name basis now, are you? I feel betrayed.”
- “oh shut it, Potty.”
- she’s blushing and they both know it
- in retaliation, she asks about Draco, and now it’s Harry’s turn to bloom red
- when Harry asks Draco out in the Great Hall a few weeks later, Pansy stands and screams from the other end of the table “IT’S ABOUT FUCKING TIME YOU PINING PRICK”
- Harry and Draco both turn red, scurrying out of the hall, hand in hand
- Pansy high-fives Luna, who giggles the whole time
- Harry does the same thing when Hermione asks out Pansy, but instead he’s screaming “SAY YES ALREADY PANS, YOU BLOODY WUSS”
- Ron gazes at them sadly, but Blaise distracts him with a comforting hand on his lower back and offers some treacle tart
- Pansy and Harry’s nightly meetings start happening less and less, but they’re still closer than ever
- when Draco and Harry have their first fight, Pansy knows, cuddling with Harry in front of the fireplace like they used to
- Hermione is super understanding, bless her heart
- She still draws a mustache and monocle on Harry in revenge for stealing her girlfriend, though
- she wakes Draco early to see it
- He takes pictures of his exbutkindofstill-best friend and boyfriend cuddling
- he won’t admit it, but his heart melts just a little as they wake, untangling from each other, bleary eyes and bed heads
- Harry and Draco don’t fight as much after that (but neither of them mind so much on the mornings after they do because Harry and pansy’s friendship is so precious)
- drarry and pansmione have a double wedding
- Ron and Blaise are Best Men, Luna and Ginny Maids of Honor
- Harry gets the DADA job, but always floos home at the end of the day to be with Draco and the kids
-pansy works in hogsmeade, running the bookstore where she first comforted hermione, now minister of magic
- Draco is a wonderful homemaker, who works from home co-editing the Quibbler with Luna
- even after marriage and families, Pansy and Harry have slumber parties, just the two of them in the living room while Draco and hermione take the kids out
- they cuddle and talk about everything
- in the mornings, pansy always wakes first, since Harry is usually up late grading papers
- but now, she makes two coffees for Harry and hermione, a cocoa for her, and a tea for Draco
- Harry and Pansy still spend nights by the fire, but sometimes they’re joined by their spouses, Ron and Blaise, and Ginny and Luna
- Sometimes Pansy and Draco’s skin still turn to ice
- sometimes hermione and Harry still wake up in the middle of the night for no solid reason
- but they’re surrounded by the ones they love
- the war is over
- pansy’s legilimency fades with age, and she’s happy to only have to live in her own head for once
- Harry and Draco learn to be in love with life, and with each other
- Hermione and Ron are no longer a ‘what if’
- and while Draco’s scars never completely fade away, Harry assures him they make him even more beautiful
- While Pansy will never stop being cold, Hermione is there with cocoa and and blankets and her warm embrace
- while Harry and Hermione never eat as much as they used to, too accustomed to those days in that wretched tent, running from the enemy, starving in the forest, Draco and Pansy are there to hold them and kiss them and remind them that it’s better now. It’s okay now.
- and suddenly it wasn’t just Pansy and Harry with late night talks and cuddles on the couch
- it was everyone else, too
- it was warm, and safe, and home
- and it wasn’t perfect
- but it was good.