GOT7 Hogwarts Moodbard AU Introductory Post
Im Jaebum : Slytherin
Fifth Year | 11″ Hornbeam, Horned Serpent Horn, Rigid | Quidditch Beater | Black Mamba (Patronus) | Pureblood | Parseltongue | Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Herbology (best subjects) | Park Jinyoung (boyfriend) | Choi Youngjae & Jackson Wang (best friends) | Member of the Silver Spears
- On the one hand, Jaebum is your typical Slytherin. Or at least he appears to be. He’s very aloof and standoff-ish. Jaebum is extremely independent and will not take your shit. He appears to have a perpetual bad attitude and definitely has a bad case of ‘resting bitch face’.
- He is very cunning and very ambitious. He will do what needs to be done and he won’t think twice about it. He can manipulate people very well (and don’t think he won’t) and he isn’t exactly overly excited to be your best friend.
- However, there’s more to JB than you might expect. Yes, he will do what needs to be done, but JB has never once done any harm in order to advance his own personal goals. The few times he has had to bring out the ‘slytherin’ side of him as been in aid of a friend. And he does not regret it and will do it again.
- JB is about as loyal as they come. He doesn’t make friends easily but once you’re in, you’re in for life. Jaebum would kill for you.
- He is a bit of an over achiever. Can kind of seem stiff and rigid when it comes to his academic progress, but he really just wants to do his best no matter what it is. Even something others would consider trivial. Good news is he’s not in ‘competition’ with anybody. He just wants to be the best him he can be.
- He’s got a soft side…kind of. He likes cats. He has a cat he brought with him to Hogwarts (Nora, let’s be honest), but he always seems to attract the stray cats running around, too.
- Also has a soft spot for Jinyoung. And kind of a hard spot for him, too…now that we’re on the subject.
- Jinyoung does not take his shit. That sour puss attitude can be left at the dungeon door, thank you very much.
- Don’t get it twisted, Jinyoung likes the ‘bad boy’ attitude Jaebum gives off, but he’s fully aware that most of it is for show and that Jaebum can be a fully fleshed out person rather than the Slytherin stigma. And he expect no less.
- They’re relationship is very odd, especially to outsiders. They’re very clearly the ‘parents’ of their circle of friends. They can often be seen face palming or glaring with a twitchy eyebrow.
- Seriously, if Bammie doesn’t shut up in the next two seconds JB is going to hex him. And Jinyoung would
- He’s really good at DADA and he’s leaning more towards becoming an Auror when he leaves Hogwarts.
- He’s on the quidditch team as a beater. Go figure.
- He has to be careful, though. One time he was playing against Gryffindor and accidentally knocked Jackson off his broom, breaking his arm.
- JB legit thought Mark was going to kill him.
- He wasn’t too far off because not even two hours later he was very suddenly hanging in the air by his feet and was being pelted with dungbombs and stink pellets, with a very angry looking Mark glowering up at him (using all non verbal magic, of course, little git).
- To be honest, Jaebum was TRYING to be mad at him for it, but the last time somebody physically hurt Jinyoung he thought he was going to blow the entire school up with how angry he was. So he let it go fairly quickly and just accepted his punishment.
- Jaebum can speak parseltongue. It was inherited from his family, don’t ask him why or how because he doesn’t know or care. He thinks it’s pretty cool.
- He has an extremely powerful wand, coupled with an extremely powerful wandcore. JB was well aware of this when the wand chose him and he’s very careful with it. Hornbeam wood is a fantastic wood, but it bonds very quickly and takes on the moral compass of its owner. Too many dark thoughts and the wand can very easily wish to perform dark magic.
- On the other hand, Hornbeam also has the ability to align with white magic, and not only align with it, but refuse to perform dark magic if JB doesn’t wish it, too. Jaebum likes this idea.
- His patronus is a black mamba, kind of obvious as to why.
- Jaebum is a member of the Silver Spears. He originally wasn’t going to join, but Jinyoung is the co-founder and kind of roped him into it. He doesn’t mind it now, It allows for him to really work on his spellwork, which isn’t so bad.
- His best friends are Youngjae and Jackson. Yes, he is best friends with a Hufflepuff and a Griffyndor. I told you he only appeared to be a traditional Slytherin.
- Jackson’s loud personality evens out Jaebum’s temperamental one very well. As far as Youngjae is concerned, JB is convinced that he is the sun reincarnated and he likes him and will fuck someone’s shit up if they ever try to dim that light. He loves Youngjae, OK?
- Jaebum doesn’t care about blood status. Never has. His boyfriend might be a pureblood but one of his best friend’s is a muggle born. So stfu.
- He likes to sing (and trust me, you like to HEAR him sing because good lord it’s like a party in your ears and it makes you feel things).
- He’s a foodie. You can often find him in the Great Hall, stuffing his face. Also…he does not share food. Don’t touch unless you wanna lose a finger.
- When Jaebum wants to be alone, you can usually find him somewhere near the lake, surrounded by all the stray cats. Seriously, he’d be a crazy cat lady if it weren’t for Jinyoung.
- Jaebum is basically a soft marshmallow covered in thick scales that you can’t penetrate unless he wants you to. Don’t underestimate him and don’t take him for granted. I promise, you’ll regret it either way.
- He COULD kill you but he CHOOSES not to, is basically what I’m saying.
*pictures and gifs aren’t mine. i made the moodboard but the pictures i got off of tumblr and google. credit to their respective owners.