Bullying at Columbine: Eric & Dylan
Both Eric and Dylan:
-Name calling, especially gay slurs (There was an incident in which a jock went up to Devon Adams and said, “Why are you talking to that faggot, are you a dyke?” After she spoke to Dylan)
-Making fun of their clothing (Trench coats, combat boots)
-Making fun of their music tastes (They listened mostly to industrial rock music)
-Throwing items in class (Paper clips launched using rubber bands were common)
- Pushing, shoving (Pushed into lockers, this was proved in this home video)
- Bottles, mostly glass being thrown at them as they smoked in the smoker’s pit.
- A cup of fecal matter was thrown at them in one incident.
- Being squired with ketchup and having Skittles candy thrown at them in the cafeteria. (They would come home with ketchup stained clothes as this happened almost daily)
- Falsely accused of carrying drugs and alcohol
- Pelted with ketchup covered tampons by seniors (He told his mother this was the worst day of his life)
- Being falsely accused of smoking Marijuana to the point of being pulled out of class and having his clothes and locker searched.
- Being picked on for his interests and learning skills.
- If Eric’s gym team won a game against the jocks he would get hit several times in the face with balls
- Frequently pushed against lockers by jocks in the hallways.
- Students joked about Eric’s Pectus Excavatum and laughed when he took of his shirt to the point where he no longer took his shirt off to change during gym class.
- Picked on for being shorter than other students (Eric was 5′9)
- Picked on for not being from Colorado.
When asked about the jocks, Dylan responded to his mother, “I’m six-four, they don’t bother me too much, but they sure give Eric hell”
There is a misconception that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were not bullied at Columbine. The reality is that they were bullied, and those are just a few available examples. Please spread this post.