Corporate Development - The Harbourfront Centre!
Senior Development Officer - Corporate Development
Posted date: Jul 13, 2011
Closing date: Jul 22, 2011
14 month Contract (Maternity Leave)
Job Ref. # 11FC15-AFP
Harbourfront Centre, a registered charity, is an innovative cultural organization responsible for 10 acres of Toronto’s central waterfront. Working in partnership with various communities, Harbourfront Centre nurtures and supports educational and recreational activity as well as contemporary artistic creation through showcasing Canadian and international talent. As one of Canada’s largest centres for contemporary culture, the centre presents some 4000 internationally acclaimed events ranging from music, literary and theatrical festivals to children’s activities and all aspects of the visual arts. Harbourfront Centre is one of Toronto’s most popular tourist attractions, drawing more than 12 million visitors and contributing over $126 million to the local economy annually.
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Development Department for a contract Senior Development Officer - Corporate to cover a maternity/parental leave. Reporting to the Director, this position manages the corporate section, leading the sales team in securing new marketing sponsorships, corporate partnerships and philanthropic support as well as managing the service team in maintaining and cultivating relationships with current corporate partners by ensuring contractual obligations are met. The incumbent will assist the Director in developing corporate revenue generation strategies and will implement fundraising strategy from prospecting through to stewardship.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with the Director to develop annual corporate fundraising goals and strategies for revenue generation from the corporate sector. Lead the sales team in securing new sponsorships, partnerships and philanthropic support and prepare financial reports and updates
- Oversee the prospect management process and facilitate prospect review; devise cultivation strategies and coordinate solicitation process. Set partnership parameters/policies, benefit and pricing benchmarks to assist the sales team in preparing proposals and negotiating contracts.
- Develop creative and innovative tailored sponsorship marketing proposals, attend meetings and make presentations to potential funders/partners. Coordinate philanthropic asks and grant applications with the sales team
- Liaise with and mentor community partners to uphold sponsorship policies, avoid category clashes and build capacity within community cultural organizations
- Lead the servicing team to maintain and cultivate relationships with current partners by fulfilling benefit agreements and ensuring contractual obligations are met on a timely basis, and communicating sponsor/partner deliverables to other departments across the organization.
- Oversee servicing and the thanking of corporate donations and site activation support during sponsor events and festivals
- Oversee preparation of written evaluations, final reports and financial reconciliations of partnership agreements, set standards in ROI reporting based on IEG methods of sponsorship evaluation
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Harbourfront Centre brand, its programmes, events and audiences. Attend receptions, conferences, seminars and other events at Harbourfront Centre and within the community to keep groups informed about the objectives of Harbourfront Centre.
The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary education in Fundraising or a related field and 3 years experience in the not-for-profit environment, preferably the arts and culture sector. Proven experience in sponsorship sales focusing on corporate marketing sponsorships and client servicing within the corporate sector is required. He/she must possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills to deal effectively with corporate representatives, community partners and internal stakeholders and have the ability to persuade and balance the needs of the private and non-profit sectors in negotiations. Excellent writing and communication skills are required along with creativity to devise and present innovative proposals and funding strategies. He/she must have in-depth knowledge of current business and marketing trends and practices, as well as sponsorship marketing practices. He/she will have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, able to prioritize and manage team workloads and a variety of goals. The incumbent will be computer literate with extensive experience with Excel, Powerpoint and relational databases; experience with Tessitura would be an asset.
Qualified applicants must apply by JULY 22, 2011
Please send your resume quoting Job Ref. No. 11FC15-AFP to:
Human Resources, 235 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
Fax (416) 973-1003
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.