you guys. I’m like. Determined to have an awesome productive summer and go to the beach and eat fruit and listen to happy music and go on bike rides and talk to so many people and go to farmer’s markets and flower shows and thrift stores and museums and cities and road trips and write and paint and spend so much time outside and put away my phone and catch fireflies and wear bright eyeshadow and go stargazing and camping and make popsicles and pies and just focus on surrounding myself with happy and beautiful things until school starts again. I’m excited.
• if you have sensitive skin, avoid foaming cleansers that act as astringets!! lemon and witch hazel cleansers are going to tear your shit up and leave your skin thinner and fucked. go with aloe and natural ingredients for better results, no problemo bih 👊
• that drink 8 cups or 64oz don’t work for me. makes a bitch too damn full!! work your way from soda and sugary drinks like juice and take it step by step. but let’s be honest, everyone drinks it, so don’t beat yourself up about it, drink what you want. if you aim to decrease the amount of soda/juice, always go back to the basics: a big ol’ cup of water. consume the amount of water that goes hand in hand with your weight, not just out of the blue 5-6 cups. a good alternative is putting fruit in your water if you don’t like the taste. or, you can always flavor it! 🌟
• don’t go too all out on those lip scrubs! if you do it too often, such as four times a week, your lips are going to get drier, crustier, and feel stripped and thin. we’ve all been there! exfoliate 1-2x a week to avoid this. however, chapstick does the job too 💋
• mix avocado oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and aloe vera gel and dilute the oils with water and pour it into a spray bottle. this is crucial as a detangler and a boost to the hair. makes it all soft and shit 👏 unfortunately, it’s a bit pricey, so you can always look for sales or discounts online!
• rose hip oil softens lips 💞
• lips are what everybody looks at. do you want them looking chapped asf?! invest in a lip mask. slather on organic manuka honey that is unrefined for 10 minutes, and then wash off with warm water or a washcloth👍
• dandelion root tea is a good substitute for coffee, but coffee’s good too, so just indulge in both!☕
• most of us stay up long into the mornings, which probably makes us wake up with dark circles and eye bags. don’t fret! to nix puffiness, dampen a washcloth with ice cold water and leave it on your eyes and under them for 3-5 minutes. if this is in morning, it can also help you wake up! if you’re looking to treat yourself, invest in some eye patches! 👼
• rose water is a GREAT toner! once you dab it on your face with a cotton ball, you immediately feel refreshed and ready to start your day 💪 teddie organics has a mist on sale for $10.88! it’s on amazon.
• applying sunscreen is essential to protect your skin from those nasty uv rays. but some forget their hair! if you get a sunburn on your scalp, it will hurt like HELL 🔥use spray sunscreen specialized for hair and slightly mist your hairline to avoid it. use a heat protectant like argan oil if you a broke hoe like me 💯 stack up!
on another note, don’t trust hair products with supposed uv filters. those only protect your hair color, not your actual hair!
• washing your hair, it’s better to wash it first with hot/warm water and then do the second wash with cold water to close up and seal moisture into the hair follicles! 4c hair especially needs this 👱
• hair products with OIL, PLASTICIZERS, and SILICONES will definitely clog your pores if they get on your skin and will leave your ass at square 1!! avoid that.
• yogurt and miso soup are probiotics that help fasten metabolism and hold moisture in your skin! 😇 that’s why yogurt face masks are bomb and every person should try them :)
• if you live in new york, atlanta, etc., you are bound to pollution. that’s why it’s always good to wash your face before bed to get rid of pollutant particles that will clog pores. afterwards, apply an antioxidant serum and a good moisturizer! lean towards products with white tea, green tea, and vitamin c to make the ultimate pore-cleansing mask! it’ll leave your skin feeling clean and make it glow 🌟🌟
• deep condition your hair 1-2 times a week or every two weeks!! it’s intense and has your hair feeling silky smooth. avocado, mayo, honey, sweet almond oil, and coconut oil mixture is my go-to, and my curls have blossomed! if you buy a deep conditioner from the store, make sure it’s water based and is sulfate free and paraben free (shea moisture and as i am are superb for beard cleansers as well!)👸💋
• go barefaced. prove to misogynistic assholes that makeup does not define a person’s beauty or attractiveness nor their personality. embrace your flaws and remain imperfect to society, because you are the one who knows that you are perfect 💋👏👏
• be yourself, work hard, and recognize your fucking worth 💕💕💕
• btw, honey ain’t shit if it’s not organic and raw. coconut oil ain’t shit for the hair or skin if it’s not unrefined, organic, and virgin (extra virgin is even better)! essential oil like tea tree oil that helps as acne treatments are skin-thinners if you don’t dilute them with water or a different substance. rose water ain’t shit if it’s not organic and 100% pure 😑😢
invest in your skincare/lifestyle! go online and dig for the right prices and take them before they’re all gone!
Hi babes, I’ve been getting a ton of asks about fitness and health so I wanted to make a bigger more generalized post about it!!! DISCLAIMER: I am not a trainer or nutritionist or a doctor- these are just some tips I’ve learned along the way that have helped me!!
-For cardio to burn fat: HIIT. High Intensity Interval Training. Basically, you need to run for 20 or 30 minutes, alternating between walking and sprinting. You can do this on a treadmill, track, or even outside your house, whatever works!! 30 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking is a good balance for me. This is the best way to burn fat!!! But you have to be consistent with it. Patience is key!
-Muscle burns fat, so incorporate strength training! Google some exercises to do with any weights you have in your house, or just do body weight exercise. Pushups, curlups, and pullups are all great!
-Get some sun!! Vitamin D is very important to overall health. Yes, excessive tanning or any tanning booth usage is damaging, but an hour or so of sun while wearing an SPF is very good for you!
-Drink Water. I know you’ve already heard it a million times. Just do it.
-Eat a diet high in protein and vegetables, and lower in carbs to increase muscle and burn fat! This is what works for me, but you can get a more personalized diet from your doctor. In general, reducing processed/boxed foods is always your best bet!!