“Holding on to love is not wrong, but you need to learn to hold it lightly, caressingly. Let it fly when it wants. When it’s allowed to be free, love is what makes life alive, joyful, and new. It’s the juice and energy that motivates my music, my dancing, everything. As long as love is in my heart, it’s everywhere.” ~Happy 58th Birthday to the King of it all, Michael Jackson | August 29, 1958-∞
“Michael Jackson was not an artist who comes along once in a decade, a generation, or a lifetime. He was an artist who comes along only once, period. He was driven by his hunger to learn, to constantly top himself, to be the best. He was the consummate student. He studied the greats and became greater. He raised the bar and then broke the bar. His talent and creativity thrust him and entertainment into the stratosphere.
I mean Michael Jackson was awesome! Totally in charge. In fact the more I think and talk about Michael Jackson, the more I feel the “King of Pop” was not big enough for him. I think he was simply “The Greatest Entertainer That Ever Lived”.-Berry Gordy
It's Taylor Swift's Birthday! Here's 16 Times The Birthday Girl Gave Back
1) The pop star made a generous donation to Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on behalf of her godson Leo Thames. Jaime King posted a shot of the letter informing her of the donation in her son’s name. “Tribute gifts are essential to patient care programs and services at Cedars-Sinai,” the letter stated. “They make the good work of the physicians, surgeons, researchers, and nursing staff possible and we are very grateful to receive them.”
The mom-of-two took to Instagram to thank her best friend and in doing so revealed that her young son was diagnosed with “Transposition of the Great Arteries AKA TGA” at 20-weeks old.
“He had a major heart surgery, that was terrifying, and traumatic for us as parents, for our family. Only a few of our best friends knew. I felt that I had to protect him in fear of the unknown, fear he would not make it. We felt isolated & confused. @taylorswift does so many selfless acts that go unnoticed because she does them silently, from such a great place of unconditional giving,” Jaime attached to the letter. “As the Godmother of Leo Thames for his birthday she gave an incredible donation to the people that saved his life Dr. Allistar Phillips and his brilliant team. It made us realize that silence cannot connect other parents & people going through these issues. TS knew that by giving back in this way would be the greatest gift one could give to us, to Leo Thames and to all of those with congenital heart issues. She came to the ICU to comfort us, to hold and bond with him with such grace & strength.”
2) Taylor is doing what she can to help the people of Louisiana. The pop star is donating $1 million dollars to the state after rain caused massive flooding leaving 11 dead and destroying 40,00 homes. The pop star released a statement encouraging others to help as well saying, “We began the 1989 World Tour in Louisiana, and the wonderful fans there made us feel completely at home. The fact that so many people in Louisiana have been forced out of their own homes this week is heartbreaking. I encourage those who can to help out and send your love and prayers their way during this devastating time.”
3) While staying Down Under in Australia with her boyfriend Tom-Hiddleston, Taylor Swift stepped out for solo trip to Lady Cliento Children’s Hospital in South Brisbane. The 1989 singer surprised her fans, including Sam (pictured above) during the visit, which was orchestrated by Starlight Children’s Foundation Australia. The hospital thanked the Grammy winner for visiting on Facebook writing, “Thank you Taylor Swift for dropping by the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital this afternoon to give our patients and families a special surprise they’ll never forget.” They added, “They’ll never ‘shake off’ the memories you made tonight. To our lucky families who met Taylor, if you have any photos you’d like to share, we’d love to see them, so feel free to post them here.”
4) Christmas came early for cancer patient Delaney Clements. Taylor Swift paid a visit to her young fan in Colorado, while en route to Tennessee. The 13-year-old said it was the “most amazing miracle” having Taylor enter her room. Recalling the visit, she wrote, “I was just laying down taking a nap in my room when my mom said I had a visitor. And I thought it might just be another person coming to see how I was. Then suddenly the most amazing miracle happens… The Taylor Swift walked into my bedroom and spent the afternoon with me just talking and hanging!!!! I am beyond Blessed for everyone’s help and support!!!”
5) Taylor helped make one fan’s dream come true of hearing her sing at her Sydney, Australia concert. Jorja Hopes’ wish was to hear the “Bad Blood” songstress before she loses her hearing due to an inner-ear condition. Not only did the 12-year-old listen to every song, she got to meet Taylor. Her mom Melissa told Australia’s 'Today’ show, “It’s been a fairytale.”
6) Taylor donated 25,000 books to New York City public schools! Thanks to Taylor and the Scholastic Possible Fund, 1,000 age-appropriate books will be donated to 25 schools in need around New York City.
7) #ShakeItOffForJalene: Taylor encouraged fans across the world to participate in her and 4-year-old fan Jalene Salinas’ online dance party, an act that Jalene can cross off of her bucket list thanks to the pop star.
8) Taylor invited Kasey Andrew to her exclusive '1989’ listening party at her New York City apartment. While there, Taylor offered her words of encouragement after the fan reached out and shared her experience about a recent heartbreak.
9) Taylor pulled her '1989’ album from the Apple streaming service after learning that the company would not pay artists during the free three-moth trial. Taylor spoke and Apple listened, agreeing to make sure artists are fully compensated for their music.
10) #Swiftmas: Taylor purchased, wrapped and gifted many fans with personalized Christmas gifts over the holiday, to show her appreciation.
11) Taylor donated $15,000 to firefighter Aaron Van Riper after learning that he rescued his wife and young son from a nearly fatal car crash. After learning that she missed the London concert in Hyde Park of the “1989” tour, Taylor gifted fan Stephanie Be with tickets to her show in Dublin.
12) Taylor invited new bride and super fan Katy Harris backstage after she tied the knot in the parking lot outside of her “1989” tour stop in Philly.
13) Taylor sent a care package to a young fan that included letters, a painting and a check for $1,989 to help her pay her student loans.
14) Upon discovering that one of her dancer’s nephews was ill Taylor donated $50,000 to baby Ayden’s GoFundMe page to help pay for the 13-month-old’s cancer treatment.
15) Taylor Swift has proven that she is one of the most generous celebrities in the world! The pop star always find a way to give back to her fans, whether she is sending them personalized Christmas gifts, helping them go viral or donating books, you can always count on Taylor to save the day. Here is a round up of some of Taylor’s most generous moments.
16) The 1989 singer paid tribute to a late fan by making a sizable donation to cover her funeral costs. Taylor donated $5,000 on a GoFundMe page to help raise money for Katie Beth Carter, who died in an Alabama car crash over the Labor Day weekend.
Writing to her deceased fan’s sister, the pop star penned, “Kimi, No words could express how sorry I am for your loss. I know that you will keep Katie’s memory alive. Please know how much I am thinking of you and saying a prayer for your family. All my love, Taylor.”
Kimi shared a snapshot of the message and donation on her Instagram page. Attached to the image she wrote, “this…… I cannot believe this at all…..thank you so much, Taylor…. me and my sister are smiling so hard… @taylorswift.”
On this day in 1958, the King Of Pop was born. If he was still alive, he would turn 58 years old today. We will love you till the end of time Michael. You are still alive in our hearts. Your legacy will live forever.
Born on this day: December 8, 1943 - The Doors lead vocalist, lyricist and poet Jim Morrison (born James Douglas Morrison in Melbourne, FL). Happy Birthday to “The Lizard King” what would have been his 73rd Birthday.
This world we live in is the dance of the Creator.
Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on.
On many occasions when I’m dancing, I’ve felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I’ve felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists.
I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation.
The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy.
I keep on dancing and dancing…and dancing, until there is only…the dance.