wakes up later than usually and goes to the kitchen to angrily remind Yakov and Lila that he’s not doing anything today because it’s his birthday (not like he mentioned it about 500 times this week)
his 16th birthday so he’s practically an adult now and they can kiss his ass (maybe he says that in other words. or not)
reads a super nice text from Yuuko, a short message from Otabek with “so you have birthday today or not” and asking if they may talk later and then some really weird and creepy yet amusing posts on Yurio’s Angels forum
eats a big and against athlete’s diet breakfast that said Yakov and Lila prepared for him totally not because it’s his birthday or anything
gives a new toy to his cat since he doesn’t know when the cat’s birthday is anyway so they may celebrate together
shuts the front door in Victor’s and Yuuri faces after they start to sing him “happy birthday” in Russian
dies from embarrassment
lets them in only because they seem to carry a lot of birthdays presents with them
complains about every single one but when Victor offers to return them to store almost breaks his arm
goes to rink because Worlds still are coming and he needs to wipe these idiots out there
is lifted by Mila 16 times because of some weird tradition she heard of
swears to kill anyone who publishes a video of that on Instagram
skates a bit for fun
gets super excited seeing his grandpa watching him from the side
(it was a surprise that he’ll come to St Petersburg, Yakov paid for tickets)
eats katsudon pirozhki with his grandpa
shares some with anyone on rink too and they show him the super big cake they bought for him
eats a lot of cake telling them all how disgusting they are
shows his favourite places in St Petersburg to his grandpa and drinks some hot wine from him (he hates its taste but he’s almost an adult ok)
makes grandpa stay with him one more week
comes back home only to call Otabek immediately
tells his best friend how he’s birthday’s weren’t so bad even with all those self-absorbed morons around
gets excited when Otabek says he has something for him too
though he plays it cool
but then dies again realising this is a link to an actual playlist made only for him with songs produced by DJ Altin™
goes to sleep after listening to it about 17 times and calling Otabek to say it pretty decent
“best birthday of my life” he mutters to his cat before falling asleep
Okayyy im super duper late for Yuras birthday but heres sketch with fresh russian prince and his boyfreind ( otabek aka me or all of us cos who dont want to kiss yuri really) (p.s yuras tshirt says: warning | biting)
kind of for pliroy week but also cuz it’s our smol child’s bday and i love him
- JJ is the type of person to go ALL OUT on birthdays, so Yuri wakes up to singing and cupcakes and goofy smiles.
- Yuri is infamously not a morning person so he kind of shouts at JJ but then kisses him and shyly, angrily thanks him for being so sweet. And JJ takes a million pictures of blushing Yuri eating a cupcake and posts it on literally ever social media he has.
- Vitya and Yuuri call and wish him a happy birthday. They said their present would arrive in a few days since Yuri was spending his birthday in Canada with JJ
- JJ got Yuri a giant-ass stuffed tiger, leopard print skate laces and a new black bomber jacket with cat patches on the sleeves. Yuri loved that more than the cupcakes. JJ almost cried because his boyfriend loved all the stuff.
- They went out to a fancy restaurant for dinner
- Turns out the waiter was extremely homophobic and refused to serve them. So Yuri shouted at him for a little bit while JJ glared. Then they left and went to McDonalds. Which turned out to be better than fancy food because they were allowed to kiss and Yuri let JJ feed him fries (only this once, though)
- Otabek video chatted the couple after they came home and Yuri really did love spending an hour or so talking with his two favorite people.
- They went to sleep after that, and right before they fell asleep, JJ whispered “Happy birthday, Chaton. Always and forever.”
- Which made Yuri blush furiously, though he would never admit it.