Headcannons on how Kakashi, Shisui, Itachi, Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara and Sasuke would fall in love pleaseee 💓💓💓
Hello everyone! We’re really sorry if you sent in a request before and it never got answered, but after long talks with Cactus we decided to wipe the inbox and start new. We needed something fresh to get our creative juices pumping again. Feel free to send us requests as the Ask Box is OPEN!
- Kakashi is very cautious when it comes to love. He separates the rational from the biological impulses, so when he finds himself attracted to someone you’d never know it as he’s taking time to examine his feelings.
- In the meantime he’d become more protective of the person, offering support on missions or otherwise, but still trying to keep it on the down low.
- Once he realizes that it’s not some silly infatuation, Kakashi will ask the person on a simple date and make it clear he’s interested. But he won’t go too fast.
- Oh Shisui. He’s such a romantic in the beginning! He’s not a believer of love at first sight per se, but he is prone to quickly developing feelings for people he finds attractive.
- He will follow them around for a period, but not in a creepy way. He just wants to see what their daily life is like outside their home, what restaurants they frequent, or if they have any friends in common. He does this so he can be mindful of their interests and ways to protect them.
- If Shisui’s feeling very confident, he’ll ask the person directly if they would be interested on ‘accompanying him on a romantic date to a fine dining establishment’. But typically Shisui would send them a letter with a flower asking in the exact same way (again, silly romantic).
- Itachi has a lot of heavy responsibilities to uphold, and his father is the head of the Uchiha Clan, so when he finds himself becoming attracted to a potential mate he takes it all into consideration.
- He’s so busy he doesn’t really have time to invest getting to know them casually, unless they are a shinobi who he works with. In that case he’s extra vigilant about their presence, taking note of any quirks or potential turn offs; Itachi doesn’t want to waste his time with someone.
- If he decides to pursue a relationship, he’d ask his parents first, particularly Fugaku. If there is any hint of hesitation from his parents, Itachi will reconsider the affair for quite some time before making a decision on his own.
- Falling in love frustrates Neji; he’s so sensitive to embarrassment that he won’t put himself out there on the line. He finds it trivial.
- As his feelings develop though, he weighs the possibility of a happy relationship versus the chance of embarrassment.
- His feelings become more and more apparent whenever he’s around his interest, and his friends - namely Lee - are quick to point it out. Let’s just say there are a lot of speeches during training about how Neji could use such-and-such training method as a way to win over [Name] - cue TenTen sighing in the corner.
- Flat out ignores the feelings. He has better things to focus on…he thinks.
- He’d bide his time, sometimes taking years to officially convince himself that he should go after this person. In the meantime he’s just be more polite with them and coax the authorities to give them more missions together.
- His whole strategizing method pays off as by the time he asks them out, he’s SO PREPARED IT’S CRAY CRAY. Go Shikamaru!!!
- What is love? Baby don’t hurt me…I’ll hurt you…wait, what? Sasuke has no idea what’s happening. Puberty without parents was already hard enough!!
- He’d just interpret his feelings not as ‘love’ (whatever that is), but a heightened sense of trust and camaraderie. But then the realization of attraction sets in and he’s even more confused.
- He’d avoid the person as much as possible. He doesn’t want to be attached to anyone in that way.