Height: 70 Meters
Length: 55 Meters
Description: One of the last members of the Long Necked Sea Tyrant family of retrosaurs, Stenduos has several features common to the ones found in the fossil record, and several differences. The smaller head full of sharp teeth and long, craning neck are easily identifiable as parts of the family. The oddities begin at the body however, with the front limbs of the beast still being clawed fingers only somewhat partially fused into a flipper, remaining almost webbed hands. The rear limbs are full flippers, lacking any mark of a claw, but the body has a ribbed underside that acts as protection, along with a large patch of armor on the back that acts as protection from attacks. The normal skin is a dark blue in color, with the armor a sea green in coloration.
- Mobile Neck: Displaying a degree of versatility that exceeds his ancestors, Stenduos can wrap his neck around anything like an anaconda, and go in all sorts of strange poses with little harm to himself.
- Boiling Sea Spray: With his massive size, Stenduos can swallow water and with the natural heat his body creates, launch a stream of superheated water to knock potential prey off of distant ledges or out of the air, such as Diplorator.
- Cunning Reptile: While not the smartest kaiju on the block, Stenduos has a tremendous amount of cunning that allows him to formulate plans and communicate cross species with his adoptive mother.
- Aquatic Beast: His body flows far better in water than on land, and is cumbersome outside of it. This means that some environments are not as well suited to him as others, such as rocky cliffs.
- Bony Armor: The solid bone armor on the top and bottom of the beast slows it down in water and on land moreso, making him more open for speedy predator attacks.
Backstory: One of the last of the Long Necked Sea Tyrants, and the Sea Tyrant Retrosaurs as well, Stenduos’s life has been full of stress. Born as the only child of his mother in her last batch, the first few weeks of life was filled with her love and affection, and his insatiable goal of exploration. It was this hunt for new things to find that spared his life. From above a small cave overlooking the massive lake, he was forced to watch her brutally fight off the flying retrosaur Occisaurus and perish along the beach that he had known only briefly in his first few days of life. Once the flying retrosaur had left, the young Stenduos cried planitfully out to the world, lost without the guidance of a mother.
His cries however, did not go unanswered. Emerging from the foliage by the lake, the impressively armored guardian of the island, later to be known as Ol’ Bertha, found him alone, and quickly took in the child as a strange baby of her own. She raised him in the massive lake and the swamps, showing him how to swim, dive, and even hunt roughly to survive, with instinct allowing him to adapt well. Now a fully grown male, he swims the lakes and the swamps on occasion, keeping balance of the watery depths as best as he can.
How They Interact with Other Kaiju: Stenduos tends to be pretty friendly with most monsters, although more territorial than his adoptive mother/grandmother. As long as others don’t mess with him or his home too much, he doesn’t really bother them. He has been seen swimming alongside Galleus on his ventures into the gigantic lake, almost chatting with Ol’ Bertha, and exploring the habits of his fellow monsters. Those that attack his home, or the ones he cares about, face the full wrath of the monster that harkens back to an era of the Mesozoic times of before.