• relax - voices are often caused by stress, so try to focus on your breathing.
• distract yourself - focus on a task or watch tv.
• ask your voices a question, that you dont know the answer to - if they dont know the answer the voices must be coming from within you.
• background sounds - people have reported that listening to music or having the tv on sort of drowns the voices.
• talk back to your voices - ask them to leave and say no if they order you to do things, remind yourself who’s in control.
• know your triggers - it may help to keep a diary of when the voices are more active.
• medication - modern anti-psychotics are 80-90% effective in revieling voices and will often make them disappear.
• distraction - same with hallucinations.
• give them facts - checking facts and statistics may help
• talk about them - in my case, the more i talked about my thoughts, the more unrealistic they seemed. That may not happen to everyone, but it is helpful to talk about them.
• know your trigggers - same with hallucinations.
• medication - same with hallucinations.
• dont isolate yourself - this is common among people with schizophrenia, but talking about what youre experiencing, or at least see a friend, is helpful
• dont do drugs - it might feel like it helps, but its only temporary. In the long run street drugs may make your symptoms worse and put you on a higher risk of relapse.