These are my personal favorite recipes that I use on a regular basis!
Sugar Body Scrub- Mix a ½ cup of white sugar, ¾ cup of brown sugar, a couple of tablespoons of olive oil (or whatever oil you have in your house, and vanilla extract or essence! Smells great and exfoliates while also moisturizing!!
Salt Scrub- Mix 1 cup of salt with ¼ cup of coconut oil, and add a few drops of essential oil if desired! More abrasive than sugar for people with tougher skin- good for exfoliating feet!
All Purpose hair mask- Mix ½ cup of olive oil (I find it works the best on the widest variety of hair types, my own included) with ¼ cup of honey. Heat and stir until combined, but don’t boil. Pour into a container and let cool until it is warm to the touch. Apply the warm mixture to dry hair and put on a shower cap. Leave for 15-20 minutes, then rinse out. BE CAREFUL, the oil will make your tub/shower VERY SLIPPERY. Use shampoo to get the excess oil out of your hair, and clean the tub or shower so nobody falls!!!
This question is unrelated to your beautiful harp playing- I have very similar hair texture to yours but I can't manage it easily. How do you care for your hair?
Luckily I was able to find a way in the past few years that doesn’t take too much time, but of course, still costs a bit of money. As you most likely know though, it’s better not to wash our kind of hair every day, so luckily I don’t use up these products as fast as I could.
My hair care regimen
In the shower, I start out by wetting my hair, lathering in DevaCurl No-Poo and then rinsing immediately
Next, I massage in DevaCurl One Conditioner or Theorie Argan Oil Ultimate Reform Conditioner and comb through my hair with my fingers, spreading out the conditioner
I then clip my hair up and let the conditioner sit while I wash my body
After washing, I rinse out the conditioner and lightly comb through my hair again with my fingers to make sure everything is out
I lightly ring my hair out (still in the shower), pump some DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel into my palms, and grab my hair from the tips and scrunch upwards until almost all my hair is in my hands with my hands to my head
I then lightly squeeze out extra water in my hair and wrap it up / clip it with a hair clip
Once I step out of the shower, I wrap my hair in a microfiber hair towel, lightly pat it, and let it sit for 30 minutes - 2 hours (depending on how much time I have)
@Regrann from @naptural85 - ✨The BEST DIY Natural Hair Gel✨ My simple, QUICK, and inexpensive homemade hair gel recipe, using only flaxseeds and water! 😱 This 💣hair gel is moisturizing, gives nice hold, and defines and clumps the curls perfectly!✨✨✨
Complete detailed video, with measurements, tips, and full instructions at YouTube.com/Naptural85 in the “DIY Hair Products” playlist [channel linked in bio] ———————————————
🔸Step 1: Pour water and flaxseeds into small pot and boil.
🔸Step 2: When water begins to thicken, turn heat off and let sit for at least 30 minutes, to allow mixture to congeal and thicken.
🔸Step 3: Strain the mixture by squeezing the gel out, through a pantyhose or a cheesecloth.
🔸Step 4: Pour into applicator bottle, apply to hair, and let dry!
🔸Step 5: Store in refrigerator! ✨Fin!✨
Thanks so much for all the amazing feedback on the updated video! I’m happy you guys like the new method and it’s yielding some pretty dope gel for you! XoXo!! ❤️ #NaturalHair - #regrann #LuvYourMane #naturalhair #washday #naturalhaircare #naturalhairproducts #curlyhair #4chair #curls #twa #teamnatural #naturalhaircommunity #naturalhairsistas #healthyhair #hairgrowth #haircare #flaxseed #flaxseedgel #hair #protectivestyles #blackhair #hairproducts #blackgirls
My favorite product by @sheamoisture love coconut oil and all of the benefits that come along with it. You can use it for just about anything. Below are a few things that you can use coconut oil for:
1. Makeup Remover. Even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn’t stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it directly to the face as an oil cleanser, or let it sit on your skin with a cotton pad. Makeup will melt away.
2. Breath Freshener. Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Gargling for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil (a.k.a. oil pulling) can help clear up germs in the mouth, leading to fresher breath, whiter teeth, and healthier gums.
3. Lice Remedy. Start this all-natural lice treatment with a rinse of apple cider vinegar. Once the vinegar has dried, apply coconut oil to the entire head and let it sit for 12 to 24 hours. Brush through hair with a fine comb, then shampoo.
4. Body Lotion. If you’re a DIY mixologist, then coconut oil is a vanity essential. You can use this versatile oil as the base to make your own body moisturizer.
5. Cuticle Oil. Got cracked cuticles? Remedy peeling skin with a coconut oil balm right at the base of nails. It can also help your manicure last longer.
6. Makeup-Brush Cleaner. Cleaning your makeup brushes should be a monthly ritual. You can use a DIY cleanser that’s two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil.
7. Lip Balm. Coconut oil is the ideal remedy for chapped lips especially because it’s semisolid at room temperature. Pack a bit in a miniature jar and smooth over lips throughout the day.
8. Stretch-Mark Cream. Expectant moms should keep a jar of coconut oil nearby to help ward off stretch marks, but anyone can use this as a topical treatment for scars. While the oil won’t fade any marks, it can help prevent dark spots and blisters from forming.
9. Undereye Cream.Don’t want to spend the extra money on eye cream? Use a dab of coconut oil on undereye bags and fine lines. It’s light enough for the most delicate skin on your face.
10. Body Scrub. Mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful of coarse salt or sugar to create an exfoliator. The moisturizing oil will last long after the grains have melted away.
11. Frizz Tamer. Flyaways begone with this smoothing treatment. Just rub a dime-size amount in your hands and smooth from midshaft to ends for frizz-free style that’s high on shine.
12. Massage Oil. Warm coconut oil in the microwave and add a few drops of an essential oil, like lavender or peppermint, for a soothing massage mix.
13. Whitening Toothpaste. Run out of toothpaste? Grab the closest jar of coconut oil and add baking soda for a quick fix. Everyone will wonder how you got such a white smile.
14. Shaving Cream. Who said shaving cream has to lather? Use this balm as a base to get a closer shave that leaves legs smooth instead of dried out. You can also use it alone or with other ingredients in this DIY shave-cream recipe.
15. Dandruff Treatment. Dandruff and dry scalp go hand in hand. So send moisture right to the roots with a nightly coconut oil treatment. Just apply lightly to roots and massage in, which will also stimulate hair growth.
16. Body Oil. Why purchase a separate body oil when you can keep coconut oil near the bath? Just slather it on wet skin after the shower, then pat dry. You’ll smell like a beach vacation all day. Plus, it has a natural SPF 4.
17. Itch Relief. Burns, bug bites, and bruises can all be soothed with a topical balm of coconut oil.
18. Deep Conditioner. You can use hot coconut oil as a preshampoo treatment to soothe dry hair before you shampoo and condition. Leave in for at least an hour for an allover moisturizing treatment.
19. Night Cream. Apply coconut oil at night for maximum moisturizing benefits. The antioxidants are great for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep.
20. Leave-in Conditioner. Hydrate dry hair by using coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner. Apply a small amount to wet strands to seal in moisture.