Hey everybody! I’ve finally got some money put back for this, and just in time — to celebrate 20,000 follows and 300 Ask Sam Stuff entries, I’m whipping out a contest parallel to Sam’s big beautiful B-day.
For the month of April, I’m hosting an Ask Sam Stuff contest that leads up to Sam’s birthday!
The basics are simple: pick an asksamstuff entry that you enjoyed or have some interest in, and expand upon it or recreate it in whatever way you want!
It can be fanfiction, fanart, crafts of some kind, or even edits! So long as they link with the selected entry in some way in subject matter, they’re all perfectly within the guidelines. I want to see how amazingly creative all y'all are and expand our love for our boy, Sam Winchester (though of course, other characters are totally welcome, so long as you have Sam in there as a focal point). Post your creation to your blog with the hashtag #asksamcontest so I can find your entry throughout the month of April; you can also use @asksamstuff in your entry somewhere to ping me to it, or e-mail me a link at email@example.com.
Be sure to link the asksamstuff entry that it is based on in your contest post, or let me know which entry your post is based on via message!!
At the end of April, I will collect the entries and pick the winners of a select group of prizes!
The categories are: fanfiction, fanart, and fanedits (crafts will be placed under fanart unless I recieve a decent enough count to make a fourth category). Judging will be based on how well the entry is done — not just in artistic ability, but in effort, creativity, uniqueness, and so on! So don’t feel discouraged; a lot of it will come down to personal preferences and different ways of selecting winners.
There is ONE person who will get a top prize — a unique and one of a kind Sam-centric fancomic, 15-20 pages in length, printed and shipped to their house with a special thanks printed in the back! And it will be entirely based on one of your own prompts that you supply when the contest is over. It will have a thank you letter and will be solely your own to do with as you please; your eyes only, unless you’d like to post it or what have you. It’s all yours! (As a note, it may take a few weeks for this to be completed and shipped out, so bear with me; light character shipping is alright but nothing too dirty, I’m a prude).
From there, here are the prizes for winners of individual categories!
• Two winners of each category will get to choose between a grayscale copy of any of the asksamstuff volumes, a color copy of The Little Golden Hunter’s Book — OR a piece of art based on a prompt they offer, if they already own the books or prefer a drawn picture.The art will be personalized with a thank you and can be sent to you, if you would like that instead of being gifted digitally.
• A listed number of runners up will recieve a notecard with an original hand drawn Sam Winchester and a personalized thank you, as well as some stickers, in a cute little envelope!
• Everyone who participated will be listed on a masterlist of entries for all to see, as well as a link to your blogs, that will remain linked on the asksamstuff blog’s navigation page. ♥
The only requirements for entering is the following:
• Fanfic should not be any longer than 10,000 words. People who can pump out more than that are so cool and I want your powers, but I want to be able to judge everyone quickly, and I fear I may not have time to go through long entries!
• Mark anything NSFW as such! But these things are not excluded, so long as they’re connected to the asksamstuff entry you selected.
• You have to be willing to give me an address to ship things to! If you’re very private and you’d rather enter but get an art piece or whatnot via e-mail, let me know when I announce the winners. I will ask winners to e-mail me at that time with addresses and what prize they want. Please be sure to be available via e-mail! Tumblr is very wonky sometimes.
Also again, be sure to use #asksamcontest so I can see it!
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED MAY 2ND, ON SAM’S BIRTHDAY, AND YOUR WORKS WILL BE POSTED IN A LIST FORMAT FOR EVERYONE TO BROWSE!!
Hey babes!! Hope you are all doing alright!! *hugs* So… I changed my theme (again /sweats) hahah I was getting a bit tired of my old one and then I changed to BNHA (…. again;;;;) lolol. *coughs* Anyways I wanted to make a soft and smooth theme with a bit of some pastel colors! I had to experiment and made a different PSD… it took awhile tho X’D but I really liked the final results :) So really hope you enjoy it also and let me know if you guys like it hehe ^^ BIG KISSES!!! ♡
I hate doing letters/text so much. lol Even if it’s something so simple. hahah Also, drawing people holding hands without reference is really hard. I can’t really hold my own hand in the way I wanted to draw them to be used as a ref….so…oh well. lol
But anyways. I read a pretty fun AU fic last night and like a nerd I drew fanart for it because I can…
The fic is by @ruemilly entitled Subject 100. Go read it here if you’re interested guys!