How would Suga, Oikawa, Bokuto, and Kuroo react to an S/O who uses morbid/self-depricating humour? But like its just their sense of humour? Like they don't actually want to die or think they're that bad at everything, it's just what they joke about? (i.e. "at least if I die I don't have to do exams lol" "lol cause we all know I'm an incapable mess haha" y'know that sorta stuff)
Okay, so I decided not to put in anymore examples of these kinds of jokes other than the ones that you’ve provided, Anon, I only focused on the boy’s reaction to them. Mainly because I know how this kind of joking can get out of hand really fast and the last thing I want is for people to think that these types of comments should always be taken as jokes - they shouldn’t, get to know the person that is saying them.
I hope that makes sense? I primarily don’t want anyone to think that I take comments like these lightly - I don’t and my anxiety won’t let me when I hear others use words like this, but I do find myself saying similar things, especially when it comes to my schoolwork or my workplace in general.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy, Anon.
P.s. Please remember to always let me know if I have done anything to offend anyone. It’s the last thing I want to do and am always willing to change it. As someone who is striving to write for my career, I take these things that you guys send me and try to challenge myself to shove my mind into that characters thought process, even in touchy situations. There are certain topics that I am not ready to breach yet - which is why you’ve seen me deny some requests - but I know that there may be a day in my career when I might have to. Until then, I’ll do my best to represent everything as accurately as my knowledge will allow. So, really, never feel bad to let me know when things did not add up well. It just means that I need more time to research as a writer and that I am not prepared to tackle a certain/controversial topic. Sorry, I’m always worried about things I post.
- Legit, I feel like he kinda has this sort of humor as well. Like, he makes these kind of comments to Daichi and Asahi all the time (Asahi usually freaks out) and so when they start using them as well, he completely understands. He’d just nod his head and play up the talk with them.
- But I feel like this is also something he had to check on when he discovered that it was their main source of jokes. Occasionally, he got it, then when it just kept coming, he felt the need to pull them aside and ask them seriously. He just wants to make sure. He loves them and doesn’t seriously want anything bad happening to them.
- I’m sure he stills checks in every now and then - even with being reassured all the time. It’s just one of those things that’s always edging at the back of his mind and he needs to be told that they love themselves.
- Would have idea how to respond the first time one of those lines comes out of their mouth. They’re probably sitting there having a good time and then next thing you know his face completely crumbles and he stares at them with those large brown doe eyes. But he wouldn’t know what to say cause they said it so nonchalantly and yet it’s not something you just say nonchalantly??
- He’d totally let it go the first time and when it popped up the next time, he’d just give them this look and get all serious. He’d need them to tell him that they didn’t feel that way about themselves and that they believed themselves to be a wonderful person!
- I feel like Oikawa’s dealt with self-hate before, so this is something he takes very seriously when he hears it from them. He might even have a really hard time with their humor for quite a while even with the constant reassurances that it’s not what they really believe about themselves.
- His instant response would be to start listing everything about them that was beautiful and magnificent. It doesn’t matter that they’re joking, they mean everything to him and he won’t sit back and let them talk bad about themselves in any way, shape, or form.
- Seriously, I think the first time they say something like that he’d be so close to tears, he wouldn’t know what to do. Those are the last kind of words that he wants coming from them because they are so beautiful. Precious boy might end up weeping with relief when they tell him they don’t really mean it.
- It would be a constant thing of reassurance every time they make a joke like that. He’d turn to them with panic in his eyes every time and they’d have to quickly reply with ‘joking’ lest they want him to start getting all emotional over all the reasons he loved them again.
- He’d laugh the first time a joke like that came from their lips, just like, yup I’ve felt that way before kind of reaction. But when it happened again he might even call them out right there about easing up on the self-abuse. He’d definitely watch them carefully from there, seeing how they hold themselves and comparing their words with their actions.
- He’ll notice the way that they don’t really line up? Like, they hold themselves too confidently to really feel the way their speaking, kinda thing? But he’d of course question them just to be certain.
- The joking would continue and he’d always keep an eye on them and when they’re having a bad day, he won’t let them even say things like that. There’s no reason to be saying those thing - even as joke - when their already feeling bad. He loves them and cares very deeply about their mental health and will be there to protect them even when they don’t think they need it.