tips & tricks & i’ve learned in 21 years as a human girl who has adhd
some of these i’ve learned on my own, or from family/friends, or reddit/tumblr/pintrest/facebook. but i’ve compiled a list that has helped me remain focused, organized, and not having my mind go all over the place. some of them are just good to know.
1. don’t put it down, put it away (helps immensely with clutter)
2. use a planner for everything, not just school (i use an actual planner because writing it down actually helps me remember it better, but an app can work too)
3. color code class materials, use a different color for each subject (i’m a nursing student and i’m always running around like crazy, my binders, folders, and notebooks for each class each have their own color. ex: bio=green, chem=blue, psych=pink. that way if i’m in a rush, i never grab the wrong stuff.)
4. rewriting class notes, memos, important dates, & anything else worth remembering helps to engrain it in your mind
5. meal prepping twice every week helps to save time & money & also helps to keep your meals nice and healthy (it also helps me remember to eat because sometimes i have a hard time doing so since my vyvanse suppresses my appetite. it also helps to eat before i take my meds because then i have a more normal appetite and i’m not cranky. i’m also someone who would rather just not eat because i get stressed if i have to cook something, so having something all set and ready to go for each meal is such a huge stress relief)
6. do some sort of exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week because it gets rid of excess energy, helps you to focus, & look & feel great (i do 45 minutes of cardio every other day on the stair-stepper & i’ve just gotten really into weight lifting. cardio definitely helps me A LOT to not be so cranky or all over the place)
7. pick out and get your outfit for the next day, every single night (i pick out EVERYTHING from the actual clothes, to the underwear, socks, bra, shoes, & accessories. this helps because i also have a weird thing about how clothes fit over undergarments & i also have a weird thing about matching clothes with undergarments, socks, & shoes)
8. pack your backpack and whatever else you need the night before (i put all my class materials, snacks & drinks, chargers, gym clothes, etc in my bag every night before i go to bed so i don’t rush or forget anything in the morning)
9. have a bag full of essentials that you take everywhere (i have a purse that i keep my wallet, keys, a protein bar, a water, my iPad, a back up charger, pen, small notebook, planner, gum, & hand sanitizer that i take with me everywhere. everything has it’s own special pocket & i never lose track of the things i need)
10. make lists of “to’s” (to do, to remember, to buy)
11. go from room to room whenever you leave someplace to make sure you haven’t left anything behind
12. use post-it notes in visible places as reminders
13. set aside one day per week to do stuff you need to get done (cleaning, schoolwork, chores, grocery shopping, etc)
14. have a “time out” for yourself every other day to relax and recharge (i set aside an hour or two every single day to read or watch a tv show or do something that doesn’t require too much thought or energy. i don’t answer calls or texts, and i try not to browse social media. this helps me relax and not feel overwhelmed throughout the day or the week)
15. set alarms for waking up, tasks, & cooking fro better time management (i use a great app called 30/30 thats a great task manager. it lets you set up a list with a set time for each task. the timer starts and you go about your task, once the time is up, it lets you know you should move onto your next task)
“Hello. We are looking for highly intelligent individuals. To find them, we have devised a test. There is a message hidden in this image. Find it, and it will lead you on the road to finding us. We look forward to meeting the few that will make it all the way through. Good luck.” That message, signed “3301,” appeared on the underground message board known as 4chan two years ago. It was mysterious, cryptic and sparked a global Internet mystery that has yet to be answered to this day. (via The Internet’s Cicada: A Mystery Without An Answer : NPR)
“It’s like a Dan Brown novel if Dan Brown could write this well,” freelance writer Chris Bell tells NPR’s Arun Rath. Bell wrote about the online mystery for The Telegraph. “It’s beyond the realms of my intelligence and beyond the realms of any individual’s intelligence to do this.”
Thousands of peopletook on the challenge.
To code-breakers who dwell in this world, it was simple in the beginning. The first puzzle used a technique called steganography, concealing a message or image within another image. Hidden inside that first seemingly simple image — those black words on white text — were many more pictures, codes, clues and the reoccurring image of a cicada. That’s what gave the mystery its name: Cicada 3301.
New Pro Design by me! Its called Jellyfish Rose because Jellyfish sounds pretty, and Rose means pink in French, plus it has a floral pattern! I put a lot of effort into it so please share! :) There is a blue version too that I will be posting.
i’m still persistently haunted by the im3 line “it’s not the 80s, nobody says ‘hack’ anymore” not bc i dispute its validity (i don’t have the technical expertise to do so tbh – i mean tony HAD used the term in the mcu before so i really didn’t think about it until im3 made me) but because oh god WHAT OTHER WORD AM I, A LOSER, SUPPOSED TO USE WHEN WRITING TONY STARK SHIT THROUGH HIS PERSPECTIVE AND BULLSHITTING ™ MY WAY THROUGH THE TECH JARGON TONY WOULD USE oh god whaT IS THE COOL CURRENT TERM FOR “HACK” WHOSE EXISTENCE IS SUGGESTED BY IM3 does anybody knoW PLEASE HELP ME