Okay so I had a thought
(I don’t know if someone’s done it before but hey)
- what if Annabeth got swapped instead of Percy in Heroes of Olympus.
- I think it would’ve been really interesting to see Annabeth, who is generally untrusting of new people, try to fit in when she arrives at New Rome.
- Also, it fits because Hera really hates Annabeth, so uprooting her life would be like the ultimate punishment.
- The roman demigods would all be doubtful and stigmatise her due to her godly parent, like what they did to Percy slightly but worse, because the Romans
(Octavian)don’t believe Minerva should have children.
- “daughter of Minerva, definitely cohort five”
- Octavian makes little digs at her constantly, but she is Annabeth so she doesn’t take any his shit, and makes sure get him back during war games.
- Instead of using water in the war games she would help Frank plan their tactics and kick everyone asses with amazing fighting skills. If they thought Percy was impulsive with his technique wait until they see annabeth.
- I feel like hazel would look up to her as an older sister (maybe ask for advice on fighting, Annabeth would tell her of course but she’s amazing and doesn’t actual need the help), Frank would respect her a lot (like the mark of athena amplified) and would be in awe of her battle planning skills maybe even envious.
- Annabeth would constantly reassure him that he’s very good himself, and each time she says it he’d feel slightly better.
Okay here is where it gets gayReyna has an implied crush on Percy (that, lets be honest, is down to compulsory heterosexuality and I just read it as desperate for help?).
- and Percy is 100% type person who you can rely on.
- Annabeth though, Reyna would be dazed by her, like she’d feel so star struck by her when watching the way she holds herself in battle (and her muscles, come on, especially ABS)
- when they are about to leave for their quest, where they probably use trains or something reminiscent of the lighting thief, Reyna pulls her aside and reaches out to her.
- Annabeth would take a while to clock on that she wants a relationship, then she’d probably feel guilty because she wants to help her, but she remembers hints of a boyfriend who she seems to like a lot.
- Embarrassed, she’d change the subject immediately.
- Then a month later, she’ll meet Rachel and live happily ever after.
- When Annabeth, Frank and Hazel return from the quest, she’d fight the giant for Athena (I forgot the name) and do a similar thing to Percy I guess but Annabethied.
- I feel she’d use talking as a diversion and maybe have a plan before starting the fight?
- Reyna hugs her after, but pulls away fast coughing and blushing.
- Bonus: pipercy and jercy bonding at Camp Half-Blood