- The Gulf Coast is being devastated, and there’s no end in sight for the massive problem.
- That’s the takeaway from a new investigative report released Friday by Wired.
- The report sheds light on the tens of thousands of oil spills each year that oil companies under-report and misrepresent as smaller than they actually are.
- The Wired report highlights Taylor Energy, which owns
more than two dozen undersea oil wells damaged by Hurricane Ivan in
- Those wells, Wired reports, have been slowly leaking for the past 12 years — and they may keep leaking for the next century. Read more