Messy Witch Aesthetic
Most of the witchy pictures I see on my dashboard are the super beautiful, artfully arranged still lifes (lives?) that we know and love. But not all witchy aesthetics are photogenic! I think most of us, in some way or another, fit the Messy Witch type. These may or may not include:
- Leaving the ashy remnants of incense in whatever it was burned in, until such a time as the incense burner needs to be used again
- Half-empty teapots left out overnight
- Unused “official” grimoire; “real” grimoire is a janky old notebook with notes and recipes scribbled hastily and almost illegibly
- Seedlings growing in plastic solo cups
- A fairly large tree branch sitting awkwardly in your closet, because you swear you’re going to make a broom one day
- Notes, underlining, and sometimes scribbles in your favorite books
There’s no shame in not having a super photogenic, artsy brand of witchcraft! I want to start seeing photos of Messy Witch Aesthetic on my dashboard, too.
So reblog if you’re a Messy Witch, and add your own mess!