What You Need vs. What You Want - The Power of Setting a Goal in Crowdfunding
Ever feel like you’re asking for too much? Or do you aim too low because you’re afraid of falling short of your goals? Worry no more. Our brand-new targets let you tell your supporters exactly how much you need, while inspiring your supporters to chip in for a home run!
After all, nothing is impossible in the world of crowdfunding! A model of a Tyrannosaurus rex with Christopher Walken’s head raised $2,000 just last week…
Upgrade that fundraiser
Just imagine: Hundreds of friends groupfund vacation homes and classy Vegas suites on Crowdtilt each week. They set their “tilt," raise their funds, and pack their party clothes to Vegas!
But imagine if they were to reach a "target” of $1,200 alongside their “tilt” of $800! They’d be able to upgrade their parties to a luxury, top-floor suite complete with a jacuzzi and unlimited bar tab. This party sounds like too much fun for even Jennifer Lawrence to handle.
- Crowdfunding a surprise gift for your graduating friend? Set the tilt at $800 (the minimum cost for a nice laptop). But set the “target” as $1,200, and cross your fingers for an upgrade to the Macbook Air! She’ll be overwhelmed.
- Fundraising for a local family in need? Instead of taking whatever you can get, set a target too. If you hit $700, you’ll be able to throw in some Christmas presents.
- Crowdfunding a party? ($200) Aim for $400 to upgrade your drinks, and decorations. You could even throw in a… festive mime?
Telling your supporters your “target” helps you make an awesome goal even better. It’s clear. It’s effective. And it’s judgement free :)
Really, don’t be shy.
“Target” helped this real life campaign raise $48,097 more than its tilt…
[Click here to read the compassionate story behind this boat fundraiser.]
Boldly speak up about your goals. Here’s how:
Target comes in 3 easy steps:
- Fill in your tilt amount when you set up your Crowdtilt.
- Fill in your target amount too!
- (Optional) Encourage your supporters to contribute to the target in your description.
It’s that easy!
Finally, here’s a gallery of high-fives to encourage you through your tilting journeys!
(At Crowdtilt we’re all about high-fives)
You may be small, but you are filled with power.
Puppy eyeing your way to the top? #respect
We’re going nuts over you :)
You plunged straight in.
To make giant things happen.
You’re so awesome, we can’t bear it.
Neigh-ver again should you dare to dream small.
Because you are pure fierceness in disguise.
Keep reaching for the stars,
P.S. If you haven’t heard about David Henneberry’s boat in TIME, Bloomberg, or Buzzfeed yet, read about it here. It’s so inspiring it would be a crime not to.