Writer’s Idea Tag
List ten ideas for writings you’ve had. I’m going with specific premises instead of themes, because usually I figure out the themes after I’ve written the thing. Tagged by @jltillary. (I have a bunch of info for some of these, but I’ll try to keep each one as short as possible.)
1. The multiverse functions as an multi-cellular organism. (Sci Fi WIP titled The Death Signal.)
2. Magic as other dimensional micro-organisms dwelling in people’s souls.
3. Volcanic steampunk society refuses to enter the cursed jungle until the latest eruption brings up an ancient horror from below ground.
4. Monster hunter joins a fishing voyage to go after a famous sea creature only to find that the ship’s crew are merfolk. (Romance ensures. romance and horror, probably.)
5. Jolly good chap with a top hat, a sweet tooth, and a Dark Side ™ fights chronic depression while brokering peace between the members of his magical adoptive family. (This is Kleos’ dad btw. He’s my bby.)
6. Something with a demon. (Not the scary kind or the hot fallen angel kind, but the kind who’s stuck with you since birth and complains about your fashion sense and scares away all your crushes.)
7. Alien “dystonia” with layered cities and intergalactic slave trade.
8. Two young geniuses in an arranged marriage fight with each other until they realize they could be working together to fight their families instead.
9. Two societies fight over technology, reverse engineering and killing each other’s scientists until a mutual enemy forces them to work together.
10. Basically smart people work together to be even smarter, facing genius mastermind villains.
Bonus round: 11. A satirical book written in the style of Douglas Adams with a villainous character named Dark Lord as the protagonist. And everything would be 150% cliches and over dramatized tropes, and the Dark Lord’s sidekick would be the only competent character. And in the end, Dark Lord would defeat the heroes because the heroes would get distracted arguing with each other over who has the most Edgy Traumatic Backstory ™. (Co-authored by @time-to-write-and-suffer.)
Tagging a bunch of people, and if you feel like you want to do this in some capacity, go for it. Otherwise, no worries.
@aveyondk, @rchlface, @dancingdarkling, @praise-the-lord-im-dead, @wchwriter, @tsfennec, @toranekohybrid, @misericordemika, @mewritefantasy, @scarvenartist, @a-sundeen, @ageekyreader, @time-to-write-and-suffer, @forest-omen, @nothingspecial1010