1. Darcy’s nervousness is so endearing to me, how he can’t sit still and keeps sitting down and then getting up and pacing. BE STILL MY HEART
2. And then he just jumps right in and is like “In vain I have struggled. It will not so. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
4. She gets all surprised and blushes, and Darcy is like “sweet yeah she totally digs this” when in reality she is NOT digging it
5. The idiot goes on to insult her and her family, because what’s a proclamation of love without some insults!
6. Lizzie literally feels sorry for the man because she knows she’s about to let him waaaay down hahahaha this chick kills me bc then she’s like, I’m more angry so I don’t even care (“she lost all compassion in anger”)
7. “He spoke of apprehension and anxiety, but his countenance expressed real security” ….check your pride, Darce
8. Lizzie starts going off on this long let down and Darcy is absolutely STUNNED bc no other woman on the face of the planet would say no to him, yet here the love of his life stands, rejecting him
9. Darcy seeks to know why she’s rejecting him, and that just opens up a whole can of worms Darcy didn’t even know existed
10. But he honestly just takes the beat down, until Wickham is mentioned and he snaps into attention, “in a less tranquil tone, and with heightened color”
11. And I LOVE sassy Darcy, “yes, his misfortunes have been great indeed.”
12. But then I’m all sad bc Darcy tries to be like “well sorrrrryyyyyyy I just suck at communication, if I woulda done this better you would have said yes” and lizzie is like “fat chance”, breaking his heart
13. Fat chance = “you could not have made the offer of your hand in any possible way that would have tempted me to accept it”
14. Poor guy is MORTIFIED and lizzie just keeps twisting the dagger going “from the very beginning - from the first moment, I may almost say - of my acquaintance with you, your manners, impressing me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others… I had not known you a month before I felt that you were the last man in the world whom I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.”
15. OUCH, lizzie….. give the guy a break!
14. He leaves hastily bc he is just so surprised and probably a little convicted with a mix of heartbreak, and then she just cries for a straight half hour
15. These two will be the honest death of me. But, I love them.
The truth is, I can’t seem to get you out of my head. I feel like I’m writing with blades and my blood is the ink on paper to weak , too thin, to handle how I feel. I probably don’t have the vernacular to truly express what we were or how we left or how it is to live without you. All of the metaphors and the similes are still buried under the crushing truth: that I can’t get rid of this; I can’t rid of you.
Literally LOL at lizzie who thinks that telling Darcy a certain path is her favorite will scare him away in the future….. but surprise surprise he walks there three other times because he is IN LOVE WITH HER
Darcy has some seriously terrible timing because he chooses to do his first proposal after Lizzie has stayed home with a headache from crying about Jane’s unhappiness, which was brought on by Mr. Darcy himself…. like, geez, dude, THINK
“Mr. Darcy drew his chair a little towards her…” I seriously can’t get over how he just wants to be NEAR her… he can’t get enough of her and physically moves himself closer before asking if she has a strong attachment to where she grew up (aka: would you be opposed to moving away to pemberley with me)