hey! (: do you have any recs for (high) fantasy and/or science fiction books with LGBTQIA+ characters - either as main or side characters? thank you!
Yes, we’d be happy to help you with this request. These below are some fantasy and sci-fi books that feature LGBTQIA+ characters that we know of and have read.
- Fire (Graceling Realms #2) by Kristin Cashore*
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes**
- Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
- Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis
- Huntress by Malinda Lo
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
- Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat***
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
* Companion novel to Graceling. It’s not necessary to read Graceling before this book since they take place in different realms, but Graceling is really good, so we would rec to still read it.
** LGBTQIA+ characters appear in the second installment.
*** rape trigger warning!
We hope this helps and happy reading!
Fizzle Reads family