Here is a F.A.Q. (frequently asked questions) page!
What tools, programs, brushes do you use for your art?
- I use my WACOM Bamboo Tablet & Pen ($80) that I got during my college years. I don’t think they make those models anymore though. :P As for programs, I use Photoshop CS6! In terms of brushes, I mostly use the default round (soft & hard) brushes already provided by Photoshop. I also use Shiyoon Kim’s brushes, Pork Bun’s brushes and Helen Chen’s brushes. :)
Can I use your art for my youtube video/channel? Can I share you art on other social medias or blogs?
- No. I don’t like my stuff being on other sites! I like to keep my art in my own blogs! No reposts, edits, etc.
Can I use your art for my profile pic/icon/avatar (on any social medias), desktop background, phone background?
- Yes you may! Credit for my art would be greatly appreciated if you’re using it as a profile pic/icon/avatar! :)
Why do you draw so many cats, whales, greens?
- Because they (cats & whales) are my favorite animals! And greens, because I love the serenity/calmness of nature. Although lately, I have been practicing more on urban environments lol.
Who/what inspires your art?
- Norman Rockwell and my illustration professor, Cliff Cramp really inspired me to create narrative illustrations! Also, to get out of my comfort zone and seeing the more technical side of art. Currently, Celine Kim, Meg Park, Grace Kum, Shiyoon Kim inspire me to have fun and be more colorful with my work. Storytelling became a huge factor in my illustrations because of them! I have done narrative type illustrations before, but it’s impact is a lot bigger now. :) There are many more artists that also inspire me everyday (so much to really list them all lol). In terms of what inspires me: music, movies, food, children’s books, merchandises/stationaries, personal experiences are what always drives me to keep creating! :)
Hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Lately, I’ve gotten into stretching and exercising/building up my stamina. I also gotten back to playing my PSP lol. My sister and I have drawing trips every week. Love going for walks.