a time bureau spin off show, but it’s a comedy
- rip wants to keep up a Front of the building being owned by a legitimate business so he makes a fake one and puts gary in charge of pr/social media
- spoiler alert: gareth green is terrible with technology and their cover almost gets blown like five times
- ava and eve as the Lesbian Life Goals
- rip: how is it that the two people with the worst people skills are the ones getting laid the most
gary: aw, that sucks, director hunter. if it helps, i don’t get laid either.
rip: that’s in inappropriate discussion topic, mr. green
gary: oh, uh, i’m sorry
rip: but seriously, what are they doing that i’m not—don’t respond to that mr. green, that’s not a conversation for the workplace—is the hair? do people miss my beard? it could stand to be longer. people find scruff attractive, right, mr. green? no, that’s not something i should be asking a subordinate—but maybe it’s been long enough that i can try to find a lover again. i mean, it’s been five years. maybe jonah’s still available, haven’t seen him in ages—don’t ask who that is, we shouldn’t be having this discussion.
gary, crying: i don’t know what you want from me.
- rip does invite jonah over one day. he’s just so proud of the time bureau and he Has to Share It
- gary, a Known Gay: and who’s he?
rip: off limits if you want to keep your job.
- gary works under ava a lot and accidentally considers her a friend even though She Surely Doesn’t
- he booked a date with a guy but uh turns out he promised a double date and eve and ava are the only other couple he knows
- gary, to his date, nervously: and this is my, uh, mom, ava and—
ava: I’M ONLY FIVE YEARS OLDER THAN YOU
gary: hah, did i say mom, i meant mom’s gym coach. h-hot gym coach.
(rip taught him that one)
- gary: wilbur, you’re a wise old man, can you help me out?
wilbur, who has never given helpful advice in his entire life: yes, i am old [walks away]
- “the legends did that once” is code for “you can probably get away with doing that”
- ava: has anyone seen director hunter?
gary: he’s probably sobbing in his office again
wilbur: he does that sometimes
- gary Fucks Something Up and keeps going higher and higher the chain of command trying to Fix It but It’s Bad
- aka “don’t tell rip”
- rip walks in on them and gary, without hesitation, wipes his memory.
ava: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
gary: I PANICKED
rip, coming to again: what—
gary: AHHH [hits him with That Sweet Regression Gun again]
ava: GARY WHAT THE HELL
gary: I’M STRESSED THIS IS A STRESSFUL SITUATION
- rip, seeing his new recruits: so youthful. so full of life
rip: can’t wait to beat that out of them