Making the wand from Daoko's MV: Girl (the easy way)
Here’s a recent tutorial from my blog, enjoy~:
Hihihi I forgot to write a post last month but here’s another cosplay tutorial to make up for it ><!
I don’t know if any of you reading this knows but one of my first cosplans of the year is to cosplay the character from Daoko’s MV: Girl.
This time instead of making it, I decided to buy almost all of the cosplay, excluding the wand, due to time constraint.
And I had to crack my head to think of a way to make the wand, I wasn’t going to go into 3D printing or something fancy…it was difficult. But my sudden spark of geniusness helped me create it! (Lol) here’s the tutorial:
1) draw a rough sketch of the base of the wand on paper, for reference, I wanted mine to be around an A4 sized paper long:
2) take the paper balls and skewer them through your bamboo skewer so it looks like this (be sure to leave space at the top of the skewer to stick the star on!):
(Btw that was the brand of paper balls I was using, you might find it at your local art store? i’m not too sure…)
3) use a roll of bandage to wrap around the balls (excluding the second ball) untill it becomes this shape:
4) then use masking tape to wrap around the parts you’ve just bandaged.
5) use newspaper to paper mache at least 3 layers, to the same two parts of the wand you’ve put masking tape on, and then, when dried, apply the gesso (which also might need more than one layer)
6) and tada~ your base for the wand is done!
(Sorry this pic has been cropped lel)
7) you can then mix up some pink paint and colour it but I decided to colour it after making the star part of the wand.
1) print and cut out the template for the star. I used the original image and made the image 20cm wide on Word and then printed it out.
2) put your template onto the craft foam, trace and cut. (Use a sharp craft knife for a sharper edges/finish, I was lazy and hence I had rough edges on the inside of my star.)
3) cut strips of the craft foam, about 1.8cm wide, and use the hot glue gun to glue the strips to the inside of one of the star, as shown:
(Careful not to put too much glue on as it will come out of the edges and give you an unclean finish, if it does happen, try pull some of it away when its warm, or, cut it away using a craft knife when cooled)
4) then take your other star, and carefully stick the inner part of the star onto strip of the other star (lol hope this makes sense), so it looks like this:
5) stick all the edges together, leaving a gap on the inner corners of one of the star to stick the skewer into. Like this:
6) and if you haven’t already, paint the base of the wand and then brush with a layer of PVA glue for a nice, shiny finish! :D
And here is your magical wand~~~
(Here’s is a picture of my cosplay taken by my cousin @kourisane (on ig) )
Feel free to comment if you have any questions~ Hope you found this tutorial helpful and happy cosplaying! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ
Things kentin has said with this face
• “MOM ITS NOT JUST A PHASE ITS WHO I AM”
• *instert Childish mimicking of peoples words here*
• “im rubber your glue what ever hits me bounces off and sticks to you”
• “Hi my name is Kentin small ass’kicker Evan brownies and i have short brown hair (thats how i got my name) with ack died ends and green tips the hair goes all the way down my neck and bright green eyes like green grass and a lot of people tell me i look like Channing Tatum(AN: if u dont know who he is get da hell out of here!) [[im not related to evan but i wish i was because hes a major fucking hottie]]”
I have no regrets on the last part but im sorry for those who dont get the last joke and what i was parodying.
Kentin belongs to chinomiko and beemove
Imagine: Izuku and Shouto with bio children (from a quirk, somebody is trans, or egg donor Inko). Oldest Daughter: Curly green hair with white tips. Inside/outside version of the half-hot half-cold quirk. (Outsides are cold, insides are hot). Mostly uses ice but can breathe fire. Son: Poofy red hair. Inko's pull quirk but much, much stronger. If the thing he's pulling weighs enough, he's launched towards it instead of it towards him. Youngest Daughter: White hair. Quirkless but hella smart.
i am v curious about these children pls tell me more about them other than their appearances. what’s their favourite cereal? which parent do they show any shitty grades to? whenever they see endeavor, are they passive aggressive or outright aggressive? what kind of shenanigans do these kids get into?
IDK HOW YOU’RE ALL MAKING THEORIES AND PUTTIG PIECES TOGETHER IM JUST HERE LOOKING AT TAEHYUNGS BROWN HAIR W GREEN TIPS + I THINK JIN IS GONNA BE IN THE MIDDLE LOOKING STRAIGHT FORWARD??? WHAT DOYOU GUYS THINK IM STRESSIGN AHSJAJSN -M
This is an avocado deep conditioner I made. THE LIFE IT GAVE MY CURLS, WOW. 👏👏👏
I mashed two avocados (I boiled them because they were waaay too hard)
Then I added lemon juice (about 2 or 3 tablespoons)
Then olive oil (maybe about ¼ cup… Maybe more)
I didn’t use exact measurements, I just added until I thought it was enough. I also poured a bit of the water the avocados were boiled in into the mix.
I ended up using ½ of it, and it was great. I added conditioner to the second half so we’ll see if it works even better with the added ingredients.
My hair is noticeably softer and more manageable. The curls are tighter and more beautiful and I loooove it. Sorry I forgot to take a picture before I braided my hair.
When you apply, make sure you get a good amount in. It’s a bit messy and mine was chunky so it may be hard. I quickly got it in, put on a shower cap, applied heat from a handheld dryer for about ¾ minutes. Let it set for about 15-20 minutes, add heat again, and then set for about 5-10 more minutes before washing it out. Afterwards, I put some conditioner infused with Argan and Moroccan oil (which is why I decided to add conditioner to the second ½ of the batch, washed that out, and I could IMMEDIATELY see a difference.
Refrigerate the remainder of the conditioner and when you apply, do it to FRESHLY WASHED AND WET HAIR.