Today I want to talk about self confidence, especially for the girls who are between the ages of 12 and 20. This is something I am really passionate about because it breaks my heart when I see girls who feel completely unworthy for some reason that, in the grand scheme of things, is nothing.
Fitness is a great way to help boost your confidence, even if you aren’t seeing the results. However, you do not need to start exercising or losing weight to lose weight. We are given the idea that all these gorgeous super models are confident because they are stick thin. This doesn’t have to be true though and I can promise you that almost all of these supermodels that we are told to idealize are happy with who they are.
So if looking like a supermodel isn’t the way to become self confident, then what is? Well, as cheesy as it sounds, beauty and self confidence come from within. I know, I know, that sounds like the lamest advice in the world. It’s the thing your mom tells you because, well, she’s your mom and she has to love you no matter what. But what your mother won’t tell you is that there are ways to realize this inner beauty. So how do you come about finding this?
- Each day, write down something you like about yourself. Make sure it is something you like about yourself, not what others say they like about you.
- Probably the most important: WHO GIVES A F*** WHAT OTHERS THINK OF YOU. Their opinions have no power unless you let them. Trust me.
- Be positive, get rid of everything in your life that brings you down. Prune the negative people out of your life.
- Be nice to others. Even if you are having the worst day of your life, do something nice to others. Making their day better and bringing a smile to their face will make your day that much better. And it’s a fact that people like nice people.
- Stand tall. Don’t hide yourself. From the minute your feet touch the ground in the morning let the world see that you are there!
- Be grateful. You don’t even have to write this down. Just every night, before you sleep, think of three things that you are thankful for. Even if it is something as mundane as that pink curly straw.
There are so many ways of improving your confidence. There is not reason for you to not be happy with who you are. You are the only you, and you shouldn’t be comparing yourself to others because they are not you.
I know this post is a little rambling, but there’s just so much to talk about.
I hope at least some of you find this helpful, and if you have any more questions, feel free to inbox me! :)
PS: This is one of my all time favourite articles on body image and self confidence: Stella HONY