Also,, what if in season 5 they just ignore the fact that Keith was ready to sacrifice himself and just brush it to the side? I'm worried that's gonna happen. This needs to be addressed is some way.
Okay, I’ve got to answer this publicly, because this is one of my greatest fears going forward. The show has a history of simply skipping what is actually very important emotional plot points. The team’s reaction to finding out Keith is Galra? Left to the fans imagination. The team’s reaction to finding Shiro again? Writers: Lol, you thought we’d show you that? The team’s reaction to finding out that Keith almost smashed his ship to smithereens and himself along with it? It will very likely go like this: Writers: Guys, time to focus on the Lotor/Coalition alliance! Yay!
What Keith near sacrifice? ??? Probably Keith’s lack of self worth and abandonment issues will go the same way, as in, not be focused on. At all.
The one thing I am really hopeful for is that they make his sacrifice gain meaning in Keith’s and Lotor’s interactions (and it’s just hopeful they have them interact at all at this point). These two are in very interesting places in regards to one another.
- Both have left or lost their team.
- Both are half Galra, with one of them being canonly drawn to other half Galra’s.
- With differing reasons, both have been seen placing everything on a wild chance
- Lotor using the last of his quintessence trying to get an unlimited source
- Keith deciding to use his ship and his life to save everyone else
- (And don’t try tell me that flying into a sun is something that Keith wouldn’t do to get away from the Galra. Don’t.)
- In differing ways, they also seem to have held themselves apart from their team somewhat, supposedly for similar reasons
- Keith: fear of rejection/people he loved leaving him
- Lotor: fear/expectation of betrayal
So I will be beyond disappointed if it doesn’t go:
- Lotor finds out he saved someone from sacrificing themselves
- The person he saved is Keith
- Who is still somewhat a Paladin
- And is also half Galra.
- Lotor uses the fact that he saved Keith to gain an ally/manipulate him.
It would bring relevance to other parts of the story, and make so much sense. It’s the only thing I’m allowing myself to really hope for.