Xuimin: You would run into him at his secret coffee shop. The place where he comes to relax from his stressful life. You walked up to the countered and ordered the same coffee as him. You sat at the edge of the bar. “You have exquisite taste in coffee” he commented. You flashed a small smile and the rest was history as they say.
Luhan: Backstage is where he first catches your gaze. In the chaos, you stood calm and poised. You gracefully commanded his attention. His manager told him he had a brief interview before the show. However, he hadn’t expected you to be so captivating. It clouded his thoughts and made it difficult to focus.
“You sold out this arena. As a fan, I am proud. Thank you for agreeing to this interview.” He paused before responding.
“No, thank you. It has been a delight. I would love to do this again.”
Kris: It was an early morning film shoot for him. He walked up to the chair tired and fatigued from the night. There you were pleasant smile and aura. The care you placed while expertly placing makeup on his face. He couldn’t help but crack a smile. Once complete, You looked back and admired your work as he admired you. He was already thinking about how beautiful you look wrapped around his arms.
Suho: Another SM mandated event. Suho was beginning to grow tired of these forced networking events. People just sucking up just to get on top. When you introduced yourself, he felt something different. You spoke of your modeling experiences and how excited you were for this opportunity. He hadn’t met someone like you. Many gorgeous individuals come here every day but not many with an intellectual mind to match. He made sure vouch for you for the new video as the main female protagonist. Just to ensure he would see you again and gain more courage to ask you on a date
“Y/N would be a great addition to our new music video. She fits the concept and has the talent needed to add that extra magic to the video.”
Lay: If there was one thing everyone knew about Yixing, he was disorganized. SM made he get a personal assistant after being late to 3 events int he past week. He wasn’t exactly pleased with the idea. You quickly changed his mind with your introduction.
“Hello, Mr. Zhang, My name is Y/N. I will be your new assistant. I have gotten your coffee along wth a special homemade treat. You have approximately 30 minutes before we need to go to the radio station for a brief interview. The following events for the day have been shared to your email. The ride should be here in approximately 40 minutes.“
He had a second to realize how professional you carried yourself. He noticed how you spoke in a firm but gentle tone. He complained at first, but now he was going to thank Suho for finding a perfect match for him.
BaekHyun: Laughter and smiles can only hide so much. Today he needed someone to pick him up. You were training as a new vocal coach. You accidentally walked in on him. He was sniffling. You didn’t want to overstep your boundaries. However, you couldn’t just leave him like this.
"You have a fantastic voice. Believe in your talent and you will hit that note.”
He smiled at your comment. After the session was over, he treated you to bubble tea. It was the start of the beautiful relationship.
Chen: During his free time, Chen enjoyed dabbling as a radio personality. He arrived a little early today. You were interviewing a new rookie group. Your quick wit and humor impressed him. The jokes you had were hilarious. The rookie group became comfortable with you. He even chuckled a few times. During the break, He stopped in gave his compliments.
“You are doing great. Stop by my interview at 1 PM. I’d love to have you join in today as a special co-host” He smoothly said sliding his number on a piece of paper. You grabbed it and smiled. He knew he needed someone with your wit around.
Chanyeol: Chanyeol is a musical genius, not a technological one. When his music engineering equipment broke, he nearly had a meltdown.You stood behind the counter and took the laptop. Distress was written across his face. You welcomed him with a bright smile. After about 40 minutes, You switch out one minor part. The laptop came back to life. He fell in love.
“You should be careful about overheating. Our system could potentially lose your work. No need to worry.” You said with a warm smile.“ I suggest you invest in a laptop fan. Install the upgrade. It backs up everything to the cloud.” You calmed his worries. During a distressful time, you brought a smile to his face. He watched in awe thinking about matching couple outfits already.
“(Y/N), you were such a delight. If you aren’t busy, I’d love to hang out with you.” You flipped the receipt over and saw his number. You wrote your number on his copy. The rest was history as they say.
Kyungsoo: As the cooking mastermind, He enjoyed trying new cuisine from all across Seoul. He had heard a lot of buzz about your pastry shop. He strolled up to the counter and asked you what you recommend. You gave him his signature treat. From his reaction, You could tell he loved it. What you could not see is that he loved you. Kyungsoo went back to that pastry shop every chance he could to see you. Every day he would practice how he would eventually ask you on a date.
Tao: You were an up and coming designer working in China. Your client today was Tao. You stressed every single detail. Tao had to maintain his look. The outfit was presented to him. He fell in love with it. It was his style. After the shoot, He had to meet you. You were working in the back. Your mind focused on the next outfit.
“The clothes were amazing. You have a good eye for fashion. I will be reaching out to you again. We’re going for hotpot. Come it’s on me."
Kai: You were given a chance to pitch your choreography for the new EXO video to Kai. He watched as your body moved to the music. The way you flowed. The way you embodied the feel of the song. Kai was beyond impressed. You deathly glance made him fall in love.He gave a standing ovation at the end.
“You were amazing. I’m going to vote for your choreography for the song. Let’s get ice cream. It’s my treat.”
Sehun: Saturday evenings were always busy at the shop. It was never like this. The parade had increased the amount of foot traffic to the store creating long lines. Despite, the bad attitudes from the wait. You remained your composure. You put the same attention and detail to each drink. Sehun caught a glance at his bubble tea princess. The drink that the perfect balance of ingredients. The pearls weren’t too cold. The initial sip was the most satisfying. Sehun came back the next day to properly introduce himself to the person who stole his heart with one drink.
The first reaction is done. Hope you all enjoyed it -XOXO Admin YOLO
I wanted to tell you so many things.
How my days had been without you and how my little sister and I got in an argument with our parents. I wanted to tell you that I discovered some new great music, and that I wanted you to take a listen. I wanted you to tell you that I saw a young couple all tangled up in each others arms at the park, and how it reminded me of us. But the truth is; you don’t care anymore. And the seasons has changed, and it’s colder now, and so is the air between us. And I could tell you so many things that would’ve made you smile once, but now, it’d make you look at me in an uncomfortable kind of way. In a way I don’t like to be looked at. But I honestly hope you’re better off now. Better on your own. I wanna call you sometimes. Just talk. Talk like we used to. But it does not work like that anymore. I know that. We were in love back then. Now we’re just strangers with the same memories from that magical summer. I hope you know that I miss you sometimes during the day. Especially when I want to share something with you, and I remember you’re not there. Or, you’re there, you just don’t care. And that’s what I’ve been telling myself.
That sometimes.. Love runs out. Sometimes, you can keep people in your heart, but you’d be damned if you kept them in your life. And that’s tragic, but that’s how it needs to be.
Thanks everyone for getting this blog to 100 followers! Here’s my reasons why you should listen to Enter Shikari if you haven’t already. Hope you enjoy:
1) #ShikariFamily = The sense of family is important to these guys. Everyone in this fandom considers each other as family and not as fans. It gives a sense that you’ve known people for ages.
2) Second biggest independent band = The fact that the band have grown while staying independent mind boggles me. They release their music through Ambush Reality which is their own record label they created and are still under to this day.
3) Music Releases = Also the fact that they release music so regularly throughout the year. Their last release was in November last year which was a live album (which was magnificent may I add) and now they are working on their fifth album.
4) Future projects = The band are doing so much right now. From writing album five to working on the Take To The Skies 10 year celebration tour to a new book this band are definitely hard workers.
5 ) Step Up clothing = Rou Reynolds, frontman, has created his own sustainable clothing line. With his clothing line he promotes topics that are important to him; veganism, LGBTQ and the environment among others.
6) Interactive on social media = Many bands are not as interactive as the guys are on their social medias, mainly Twitter. Their main Facebook page replies to comments as well as the individual band members replies to tweets sent their way. This supports the first point and makes the #ShikariFamily connection even stronger and makes the fans feel as if they have some sort of a connection with the guys.
7) Growing up with the band = Even though this may not be true to newer fans but some older fans who have been with the band longer will have felt that they have grown up with the band. When Take To The Skies was released the band were around 20 years old and when I got into the band I was 14. Even though there was an age gap it still felt like I’ve grown up with them.
8) Seeing how they’ve developed as people = This links into the seventh point that because the fans have felt that we’ve grown up with them we’ve also seen how they’ve developed as a band and individually through their personal lives. Such as them getting married and having children. It can be quite emotional for the fans when they make big decisions in their lives; or it has been to me anyway.
9) Their signings are free = Rou has expressed his views against VIPs and hates the fact that people have to pay to see other bands and has decided to allow fans to meet them for free. he doesn’t believe that the #ShikariFamily should pay to meet the band.
10) Trying to meet everyone = This links in with the ninth point that when the band do signings they try and meet everyone and spend a lot of time talking with them. Even if they are told that they have a certain time limit they will go over it to make sure they get to see people that have queued to meet them.
11) The cats = Let’s be real, Freya and Crumpet are the stars of Enter Shikari really.
12) Rory C’s growing family = It’s so cute being able to see Rory’s family grow not that he has two kids; a boy and a girl. It will be exciting seeing these two grow and develop.
13) Pre-Enter Shikari era = It’s always interesting hearing what your favourite band did before they formed their current band. This is what Hybryd was. This was pre-Enter Shikari and it’s just interesting to go and listen to their EP on youtube to see how much Rou, Chris and Rob (Rory joined when Enter Shikari were created) have developed as musicians.
14) Pre-Take To The Skies = Even though I personally wasn’t a part of this era it’s interesting to listen to their EP that was released before the Take To The Skies album was released and such as the thirteenth point it’s interesting to listen to how they’ve developed as a band.
15) Intimate shows = The fact that they still do intimate shows when they are getting as big as they are is testament to how much they care about their fans. They love to feel the connection between them and the fans when they are playing and playing small venues allows this and creates a positive atmosphere.
16) Amazing Arena Tour = Even though the band still does intimate shows they just embarked on their arena tour last February and played sold out venues. They wowed audiences around the country and showed that they have what it makes to create excellent live arena shows.
17) Creating an experience at their shows = With their new arena tour they used a Quadraphonic sound system that meant that they had speakers around the venue, and not just at the front, which meant the audience gets a slightly disorientating but interesting experience at the gig.
18) Shikari Sound System = This is there DJ set since a lot of the band members love Drum N’ Bass. Even though I’ve never really been a fan of this music I went to their DJ set last year and they did open me up to some new music that I didn’t think I would like. It’s always great to get into new music by your favourite band.
19) Collaborations = The band always seem to be collaborating with other artists either on new songs or by remixing other bands tracks.
20) Featuring other artists in remixes = They feature many artists who remix their songs on their albums such as the remixed album of The Mindsweep. It’s always interesting to see other people’s interpretations of Enter Shikari’s songs in remix form.
21) Inside Jokes = If you don’t understand the jokes of the #ShikariFamily then you just haven’t been in the fandom long enough. That’s just how it goes.
22) Punk influence = the band are influenced by punk music and term their band as punk. It’s great to see punk bands still thriving with the current affairs happening right now.
23) Calling out people = The band aren’t afraid to raise their voices about situations or certain individuals that are pissing them off. They do this in either their songs or their shows or on their social medias.
24) Encouraging people to improve themselves = I know I definitely have improved myself through being an Enter Shikari fan. It can be vast reasons for Shikari improving people’s lives but they helped me to realise that I could get over my travel anxiety when I went to see them at the Manchester show last year. I’m not perfect with it but Shikari did help with encouraging me to realise I could improve on it a lot more than I thought.
25) Enter Shikari being awesome in general = these guys are just so laid back that it’s impossible not to like their personalities. It’s great to see their personalities show on social media and their videos.
Thanks again for the 100 followers and here’s to another 100!
Updates: couldn’t do the clothing donation, it has been postponed to next week, did all my store returns, had some lovely me time at the mall, bought two things for my Atlanta trip, bought some clothes for Mr. Interrupted including a tie to match my dress for the wedding, did not go to my gym class, I know I’m terrible but I felt like shit this morning at 9, will go to gym tonight to make up for it, did eat very well, did enjoy this perfect cool, sunny weather and heard some great new to me music. (Will post later.)
Edit: I’ll go to the gym in the morning. I changed my mind. Today the gym and I were not meant to be.
Everything goes up a notch after the team celebrates Oliver’s Birthday, with Chase and friends grabbing each one and bringing them to Lian Yu. This forces Oliver to choose some unusual alliances with former enemies which also means the return of several great musical themes.
22/04/2017Enjoying my Saturday with some preparations for my next subject, a new book and some great new music from Bastille. I always like to make a small planner/to do list on the first page of the notebook that I will use for a certain subject, so I know what I still have to do during my week. Have a great day!
I was tagged by @qfriends (thanks 💘) so here we go!
I’ll be adding some commentary hehe
• Astro- Hide & Seek // i’m starting to really like them :’) //
• Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha- In The Name of Love // been on replay for days //
• Monsta X- Beautiful
• Harry Styles- Sign of the Times
• Sia- Chandelier
• Pentagon- Can You Feel It
• NUBOYZ- S.O.S // :)))) //
• BTS- Spring Day
• Monsta X- One Love
• Monsta X- White Sugar // fun fact: my mom absolutely loves this song lmao //
i am so happy to have all these little hoes as my friends
right around this time last year i was so spooked that i would never get away from the band kids with bad blood and i would be super lonely in college
but surprise! i have a bunch of great friends, old and new, music majors and computer science students and old Harkins fucks and it’s all great. this semester was a phenomenal time of glory and wonder as i found my “spot” in college. it’s like having another family and i am literally so pleased and blessed
now i’m going on a big trip and another big trip all around the world and it’ll be insanely awesome but it’ll also be grand knowing i have them to come home to at the end :-)
not photographed because they are “don’t like being photographed” cucks: my boys greg gardner and eric willis