Does anyone else get really caught up on the small details in their writing? Like you can be really good at writing situations and feelings and characters, but you get to a point when you’re writing something small like what they’re making for dinner and before you know it, you’re googling recipes with tomatoes because you think the scene won’t be convincing unless you know the cooking time and temp??
I’ve been contemplating this a lot for a little while now, and I’ve finally decided that I’m going to go through with it! I’m going through with giving away a copy of the limited edition Journal 3 (blacklight), due to the celebration of all you lovely people out there who follow my blog (all 13k+ of you! Thank you so much!), and just the fandom in general for being fantastic! And I know that many are really wanting to have a copy, but the price is really high to buy one. So, I thought: why not give one to a fellow faller for free and bring some joy?
I’m still working out some stuff (I have a copy pre-ordered already since October/November, but I’m not sure if changing addresses and all will make me lose the pre-order so I may have to re-send the journal out to the winner. Which I probably will just stick with that since it’s gonna be a while before I announce the winner of the giveaway. And who knows if there will be copies left to order by then. But that’ll just let me make sure the journals in a good condition before I send it back out, I guess?).
• You must reblog to enter! You can reblog up to 5 times, and please be courteous of your followers! (No likes will count, sorry. Reblogs only.)
• 1 (ONE) winner will be selected for the giveaway. Just one, and no more.
• At the moment I will only be shipping the journal to residents in either the US or Canada, due to high shipping costs (especially since this journal will weigh more, it’ll definitely cost more to ship out of the country…but things may change in the future, as you have over a month to enter the giveaway.) I’m sorry, but I’ll already be spending so much on the journal, and with shipping it’ll be even more (especially as a college student who should be saving their money for tuition…but I really want to give away a copy!)
• Giveaway ends on March 31st, 2017 at 7:59 pm EST.
• Winner will be chosen by a random number generator on after March 31st, 2017 at 8:00 pm EST. I will be announcing the winner sometime afterwards (no later than April 1st due to conflicting plans). So again, you’ll have until 7:59 pm EST on the 31st to get your entries in!
• Winner MUST be 18+, or must have parent permission to give me your address so the journal can be sent to you.
• You don’t have to follow me, but it’s encouraged. I’m a blog with Gravity Falls content, so feel free to follow if you want to!
• If you’re not entering and just want to signal boost, feel free to tag your reblog with #no entry and you will not be entered. Though if you want to enter for someone else that’s fine — just make sure they’re fine with giving me their address!
• Winner will have 48 hours to answer back. If no reply, I will pick another winner.
all i can say is…. wow. its incredible to finally have this done, i never imagined i would be working on it for this long. but even then it’s been a ton of fun, from writing the script to laying out the panels to deciding which red paint splatters should go where. thank you so much for bearing with me all this time. and now that this is finished, there will be more au stuff to come!
Its the year anniversary of the Gravity Falls Finale. I’m carrying a boombox, a bouquet of roses, and a bottle of straight vodka mixed with 8 Capri suns into the woods. I locate the spot where bill cipher’s shitty stone corpse is sitting. I set down the boombox and press play. A bass-boosted version of No One Mourns the Wicked blares out into the twilight. I place the flowers on his hand, take out a lighter, and set them on fire, then chug as much capri-sun-vodka as I can. I pour the rest out over his eye and whisper “to the sips you’ll never take, babe”
Okay so we’re always seeing some beauteous old mullet Stan content in post-canon art, but a concept: what if both twins ended up growing their hair out while on the Stan O'War? You’d have the mighty Twin Mullets. Two old long haired, bearded sea dogs ready to explore the globe and kick your ass. (If you’re a sea serpent, that is)