<b></b> CASUAL FRIENDS<p/><b>Friend 1:</b> OOOHH!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Have you seen it??<p/><b>Friend 2:</b> No<p/><b>F1:</b> You HAVE to watch it!!<p/><b></b> REAL FRIENDS<p/><b>F1:</b> OOOHH!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Have you seen it??<p/><b>F2:</b> No<p/><b>F1:</b> Are you going to watch it??<p/><b>F2:</b> Maybe, but nah, you can spoil me the whole thing so you can explain why you love it so much and I'll problably won't watch it but I'll end up knowing a lot of random trivia abou it.<p/><b>F1:</b> Yey!<p/></p>
I haven’t seen video from my round table at SDCC up here yet, so I just wanted to add a few tidbits from that one that I couldn’t fit into my article.
From Dabb. We are definitely going to see more conflict between the boys this season, or at least at the start. Sam wants to keep Jack and help him while Dean wants to kill him.
The top of the season is going to be more emotional/character driven than myth and plot compared to last year. Dean’s in serious mourning, Sam’s keeping it together.
The cast hasn’t seen anything from the scooby ep, but Dabb has seen a rough animatic
Singer hinted we may see someone from the British men of letters show up, but it sounded like a one off. That plot is definitely resolved.
Misha joked that playing a corpse was his most natural role.
Misha was super cute and tan, jsyk.
Misha has done home made fortune cookies, complete with home printed fortunes and insisted they are very easy to make.
Jared said that the keg on Conan was a honest to god surprise and he really didn’t know it was going to happen.
Jared also talked about how Sam fears being powerful because it’s gone so wrong in the past, and that makes him feel for Jack
Jensen says that they pick up exactly where they left off and he wishes he had known the writers we going in that direction because he would have pitched instead that the boys kept their hiatus beards and looked are scraggly and disheveled to show what bad shape they’re in (GOD I WISH THEY HAD DONE THAT).
Jensen talked about who things might ends for Dean and explained that he used to think going out in a blaze of glory, but now he thinks Dean hanging it up and leaving the life, especially if Sam is gone. (I have some video of this answer and it’s lovely).
Hope that’s of interest!
Sitting next to those guys and talking about the show was a dream come true.
Dean’s climax and denouement in season 13. Expositions through season 1 mirrors.
So, I’ve talked loads about how I feel that season 13 is subverting the pilot plot wise:
- Mary is the parent who is lost to be found, John is the parent who is dead.
- The Sam/ Jess v Dean/Cas parallels of 12x23.
- The Sam/Dean role reversal (also the precise words Jared used *yay!*). Sam is the one set on hunting, finding a way to fix things, trying to keep things together, Dean is the one mourning the loss of the person he loves, out for revenge and angry.
Basically for Dean’s own personal story:
- Pilot: Dean is first set up as uber-straight, butch and over compensating, faithless, feeling like he can’t have and doesn’t really deserve love, a hunter of the supernatural and living in the black and white, stab first - ask questions later, where supernatural beings are all evil and to be killed, he is Sam’s parent and guardian and Dean is less worthy of love and care than he is, whose mother up on her pedestal said that Angels were watching over him, but he’s not accepting of himself, expecting to die young, giving up his life for others and with a total lack of self worth.
- Endgame: self worth, accepting himself for who he is as a whole, accepting that he likes things he has always repressed, that he is no longer Sam’s parent, that he needs to let Sam go, that he deserves good things for himself, that his mother and father are not perfect. That he is in love with a supernatural being, a guy, who represents faith, an Angel who watches overhim (and who he can watch over when he falls), having said Angel give up something big for him as a mirror for everything he has given up for others, learning that the world is not black and white, where he finally accepts himself and thinks he doesn’t deserve to die young, finally feeling self worth…
Regarding how I think this will play out in season 13:
We know now that 13x03 features Missouri Moseley. Who was a massive John mirror and was an exposition to why Dean is the way he is, repressed, self loathing and feeling worthless while Sam is to be protected and cared for. She and her granddaughter Patience are also psychics, a real coincidence given the point we will be at in 13x03 with Dean’s grief and emotions, hmmmmm.
We also know that we have the Scooby Doo episode where Dean potentially might flirt with or will at least come face to face with Daphne, the epitome of Dean’s old fantasies, the sweet, non threatening, childhood reminiscent kind of maternal reminding cartoon character, the best metaphor I can think of for Dean’s old facade and old way of dealing with things.
Basically everything we know so far, which is very little, about spoilers for season 13 point to the fact that they are absolutely using season 1 mirrors to show how much Dean has changed and grown, I mean throw in a couple of wendigos and ghosts, maybe, Chuck I hope for an episode where we see 2 brothers again like 1x18 but Dean doesn’t blame himself and tells the older brother to look out for himself and not always just his brother. I mean I don’t know how it will play out of course I just feel this as happening as a theme and hey if we do see Dean acting at times like a dude bro douche reminiscent of season 1 it’s probably exactly for this - to expose it and then smack it down because this ISN’T who he is and he knows that now, it’s just to show US.
off the top of my head (maybe I’ll meta properly about it at some point but right now I’m just flailing) but the themes in season 1 for Dean focus on:
- repression of emotions - lack of self worth and self acceptance - being Sam’s parent - toxic masculinity - bisexuality - not feeling he deserves love
And these should now be addressed in order to expose that he is moving past them and has come out the other side of his long path to self acceptance and they already seem to be using the pilot/season 1 both plot-wise but also thematically to expose these to then subvert them.
Request: Hello! So glad your requests are open again! I’d like to request a deanxreader where they get in a big fight and she goes to a bar to blow off steam and a group of guys start harassing her when she’s pretty drunk and she gets nervous and texts dean. He comes to the rescue, beating up some of them and takes her home?