“Sometimes, love can be found in the simplest things, like spending a blissful morning in the kitchen. You can be in the same room without having to do everything together. It is hugging each other accidentally while sleeping. Even the most mundane tasks are more fun when you do them together. Even shopping for food can be exciting. True love means putting everything aside just to hug. The biggest dilemma is often what to eat for dinner. Even if you’re feeling a bit blue, there’s always someone that will hold your hand. Love is about the little things. Happiness is when both of you read in bed after an exceptionally tiring day. Building IKEA furniture is like playing with LEGO when it’s just the two of you. Sometimes, you have to ask hard questions. Cooking together often becomes the most challenging and the most fun task. Even the tiniest problems matter to your loved one. It’s having those long talks in bed about everything and anything.
It’s when you know your favorite cuddling positions.
It’s having a favorite cafe, where only you two matter.
The cold autumn wind can’t touch you because your heart always stays warm.
Love means knowing when you need to say sorry.
There is nothing more comfortable than falling asleep on your loved one’s lap.
It is about exploring new things, even if it’s just your neighborhood park.
It’s knowing that it’s not always rainbows and butterflies, it’s compromise that moves us along.
As long as both of you are headed the same way, everything will be just fine.”
It was because of this guy I had gone out with and had been really, really close with. I really loved him. I felt that he was my best friend. But he was a teenaged guy, and they don’t think a lot of times. He mistreated me and then he came back. I couldn’t even be friends with him for awhile. I cared about him, but it was just a situation where he kept trying to be friends with me, but I knew that he just wanted to be friends with me so he could have the option of making a move on me whenever he wanted to. And because I was so infatuated with him, and even in love with him, I was always available for that. It made me feel weak every time I would fall for that. And I would look forward to him making a move on me, but I knew that it was wrong. I knew that he was playing with me. And after awhile, I didn’t even care anymore because I wanted him so much.
George was in the thick of an interview with a reporter from a musical paper, and I could not interrupt it, but when it was over I was introduced to him. Mrs. Shenson told him that he is my fave Beatle, and he pretended to go all shy, and hid his face in his jacket! George is a lot quieter than Paul, and he also looks better ‘in the flesh’ than on paper. He is, in addition, fab, gear, great, and… oooooooooooooooooo!!! (CENSORED)!
Elizabeth Sacks, a fan who visited the set of A Hard Day’s Night, in her report about the day for The Beatles Book monthly, June 1964 (more of the story here).
There is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours; and, maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable… I simply am not there.
Warning: if you try to create something ‘different’
1) You will feel so alone sometimes it will be harrowing. You will be broke while your friends with steady (safe) jobs eat well and go to the movies and buy nice clothes and take vacations. (You won’t get vacation time but you’ll travel more than anyone you know. Sometimes you’ll be on the road so much you won’t remember the way home. Don’t be afraid to ask for directions.)
2) You’ll make money in vast jerking convulsions and then you won’t see any for a long time. You’ll be hungry. You’ll get angry. You’ll get goddamn furious. You’ll want to pack it in. You’ll rethink everything and decide to ‘quit’ or ‘drop out of society’ or ‘disappear forever.’ And you’ll do this at least once a day. But you’ll stick around because some part of you has always believed.
3) Your heart will break and your mind will change inwardly and you will grow inside in tangles and curving passageways while the rest go dry and wither and blow away. You will learn every day.
4) You will sleep well and you will hold your head high. You’ll see what the rest do and know that you are on the edge of something tall and dark and strange.
5) You will never be bored. You will never be, like, ‘Uh, I don’t know, what do you wanna do?’
6) You will have things you’ve made and holding these things in your hand will make your heart swell.
7) You will be free.
Adam Gnade, The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Fighting the Big Motherfuckin’ Sad