what she means:
when and where did edward nygma, serial killer, genius, future riddler, learn to make origami penguins without looking? how long did it take him to learn how to do it so well? why did he learn to make origami penguins in the first place? did he do it just to impress oswald? was he looking for ways to woo his crush and just think "i know, i'll make him a paper penguin. he'll be super impressed"? what happened to the origami penguin? did oswald keep it? does he still have it?
1. she shows up at a very tense time for the story, obviously she’ll be some part of the larger plot
2. she is EXACTLY the kind of person ed wants to date. everything about her is perfect - suspiciously so. (the riddles, the random trivia facts, the whole looking exactly like the love of his life that he just so happened to murder thing)
3. she is very much not normal. she has some sort of obsession with ed: she made paper dolls of them 1 day after meeting him, she doesnt care that hes a murderer, apparently next episode she dresses herself up to look more like ms. kringle. not exactly “average woman you happen to run into and fall in love with after 5 seconds and start dating” behavior
4. she doesnt care that ed is a notorious murder.
5. she showed up just in time to push ed and oswald apart, just when everything was starting to work in their favor
6. seems kind of in the dark about a lot of important things, like how ed was in arkham. she also said she “feels like shes known him her whole life”
other stuff we know:
1. identical clones of characters are feasible. the mysterious bruce clone (who knows nothing about his past), the jim gordon impersonator (obviously not an actual clone but still an imitation)
2. kathryn is looking to keep an eye on oswald. and who just so happens to show up and seduce his closest… friend. this would probably be the easiest chance someone would have to spy on him.
3. ed starts becoming unstable (seen in the promo) because of isabella and her similarity to ms. kringle
4. gotham does not have a good track record of random people turning up out of the blue and actually being normal people.
1. isabella is a clone from the same vein as the bruce clone, and also has no idea what her background is.
2. isabella was sent by the court of owls to get close to ed and spy on oswald
3. isabella is part of a plan to destabilize ed - who sent her? (butch?)
4. isabella is evil, operating on her own, and i have no idea what her motives might possibly be
i dont know exactly WHAT we should expect, but isabella is definitely not who she says she is and should definitely not be trusted.
Oswald is a scheming criminal mastermind who has proven, time and time again, that he can get rid of people that stand in his way and come out smelling like roses.
Don’t you think he would take into account that Ed, who worked in homicide and is an expert in forensics, would figure out it was a murder (cut brake lines? Child’s play for Ed) and would already have a fall guy lined up to take the blame?