“They paint the world full of shadows… and then tell their children to stay close to the light. Their light. Their reasons, their judgments. Because in the darkness, there be dragons. But it isn’t true. We can prove that it isn’t true. In the dark, there is discovery, there is possibility, there is freedom in the dark once someone has illuminated it.”
nice!! can you make a gifset of silver springs 1997 where stevie sings the lyrics right in lindsey's face? they looking at each other and especially that part stevie sings "was i just a fool". oh, this always brings me goosebumps. thanks! <3
Absolutely anon. I’m going to try to do it tonight, if I can’t, I’ll post it tomorrow. :)
I went to see phantom yesterday, which was aMAZING, and then this evening I made the mistake of listening to down once more from the phantom25 soundtrack which is just??? there are no words for the depth of emotion just conveyed by their voices…you have to listen to it to understand. listening to it always makes me desperate to draw and tonight I finally gave in. these are all either personal headcanons, interesting bits from last night’s performance or my favourite aspects of phantom25. idk what the hell this style is but it was really really theraputic to do after a few days of not drawing much. my thoughts under the cut.
Here are few things I’d like to say about Mel Gibson’s HACKSAW RIDGE
1. I am proud that the name “Seventh-day Adventist” was boldly mentioned.
2. The movie began with a narration of verses from Isaiah 40. *goosebumps*
3. I can’t accept the almost-90-degree angle Dorothy used for collecting Desmond’s blood. THAT MUST BE ZERO ANGLE. (Haha. Sorry, OC here). Plus, you can’t just hold the needle throughout the collection. That’s why we have micropores. Lol
4. The character of Desmond Doss was clearly portrayed with very little deviations. I like how his Bible reading was emphasized.
5. “Help me get one more”
Uuggghhh. That prayer. *more goosebumps*
6. Desmond was in love with Dorothy. After two days of donating blood, he wants to donate again. That’s cute but I’m sorry Desmond. The standard operating procedures require 8 weeks interval.
7. I love the scene where Desmond was hiding in the undergroud tunnel and he was faced with a wounded enemy. Instead of killing him or running away, he did not hesitate to offer him help by administering morphine and bandaging wounds.
All in all, two thumbs up to Mel Gibson and his team. I was crying while watching and the only words I could utter was, “Indeed Lord! You are there!”