some anon replies!
1. YES, it was very frustrating and time consuming. i’ve been painting with a lineless 1-layer style for about 9 years, and i’ve only felt moderately confident with it in the last 2 years. it isn’t for everyone, but for me it felt compulsory. i kept doing it even when it was driving me insane.
2. chaotic-muffin was my prepubescent attempt at wit, i think. (it was from a time where “xD” was an acceptable and widely used emoticon, if that gives you any frame of reference.) i started calling myself feverworm like 5 years ago because i needed a new name that wasn’t already indexed in google. i kinda just mashed words together until i found something that looked satisfying lol
3. WAO i wouldn’t call anything about my style “confident,” especially my lines. i have very shakey hands and tend to etch at things until i get the form i want. i guess maybe my strokes kinda look like confident contours because i work at really high resolutions? it kind of hides a lot of the squiggles.
4. y e s p l e a s e
5. in my head, the shapely, feminine duarda are sort of in fashion at the moment? a magician can create almost any form he’d like when summoning a duarda, but having a really beautiful and delicate looking one stirs up more envy from his peers. i’m gonna explore more exotic shapes in future adopt batches though!
6. holy ding-dong-damn, thank you so much. i don’t often reply to these kinds of anonymous messages because i worry about sounding disingenuous or coming across as aloof even when i mean everything sincerely… but your message made me feel all tingly and i needed you to know, whoever you are, that your sentiment means a lot to me. as much as i try to market my work and appeal to wider audiences and all that, this kind of thing is what makes me the happiest and is the most encouraging. thank you again ;____;