I just had a “client” call to inquire about my rates, and then tell me I didn’t have “the type of body” for my rates while trying to tell me he still wanted to fuck me to fulfill his fantasies in the future. At first I started letting my neurotic insecurities take over, started noticing the extra pound I gained, examining breakouts from weeks ago, things that he doesn’t even know or see.
Then I got some sense back into me, and reverse searched his number.
Research Stalking: ON
LOL, it’s a bald, middle aged, Hispanic guy living in the hood projects of Los Angeles with 2-3 kids from different baby mama’s. The rusting bucket car in his profile is worth less than my hourly rate.
I sent back “My especially positive reviews online are good indicators that I clearly have an upscale clientele base that deem my figure "worthy”. Unfortunately for you, I only cater to a very selective caliber of men who are successful in life. I’m sorry to hear that you certainly don’t qualify to be part of the lifestyle I cater to. It’s one thing to be poor, it’s another to be bitter about it. I wish you luck in your search for a girl that you MIGHT be able to afford, and who you won’t feel so threatened by simply because women are out of your reach. There’s no need to discuss a future meeting because I’m only interested in successful men with class. Please be aware any messages or calls you send back will be lost in the abyss of blocked numbers. Have a good day.“.
There’s been wealthy men who’ve insulted me but few. In my experience, nobody is as vindictive and degrading as an unsuccessful man after hearing rates or allowances he can’t afford. Whatever he says to tear you down (criticizing weight, curve sizes, facial features, age, etc) is done so HE feels better because he can’t attain what other men he’s jealous of, can. It’s backtracking cause he doesn’t want to admit he wants something he can’t have.
(This is of course, for the ladies that don’t "bait and switch” or catfish POTS or clients.) It’s not unreasonable for a man to say your rates are way too high if you’re falsely advertising something or someone you’re not.
Moral of the story to all SW: If he’s called/texted/reached out to you in an attempt to set up a meeting or arrangement, you’re obviously attractive enough. You are something that he wanted but can’t admit simply because he can’t afford you. It doesn’t matter what your rate is, whether it’s lower or higher than the average; he reached out in hopes of meeting you.
Don’t let a poor man tell you you’re worth less because of his own empty pockets.
They are all for either teen and up or general audiences.
If you feel like there is a work that belongs on this list that isn’t on it, please let me know. If there is a work on this list that makes you uncomfortable for any reason, please let me know and I’ll take it off the list.
This one got really long, but there’s a lot of good fics on it, so give it a look! Featering Lulatic, dyingplatypus, warfare, and honestly these are all good authors and good fics. Make sure to leave kudos and reviews!
Random appreciation for some of
Sister Bernadette/Shelagh’s humor + sass™
Sister Bernadette didn’t have much screen time in the beginning but when she did, she was actually quite funny and a little sas-master flex. I know that during series 2 when she was fighting her feelings for Patrick and trying to basically figure her life out she was rather quiet and sad - but how come when she finally got married and settled in with Patrick she was almost boring? I know, I know she was trying to adjust & figure how how to be a ‘ordinary woman’/wife/step mum but why’d she have to have a 180 degree change in personality??!
I love Shelagh so much *obviously* but I didn’t like seeing her character like that in series 3(but lets not talk about series 3 because I have other frustrations*clenches fists* but that’s for another day).
She’s definitely has come full circle, she’s confident in herself again & we occasionally see her sense of humor and sass come out every now and then (i.e the “Shelagh Turnova” line aka one of the best scenes ever/actual gold *l love it*) but I hope we see more of that side of her personality in the upcoming series because we have been cheated for long enough😭😂
* also bless @nurse-franklin for sending me screenshots because I’m lazy😭👏🏼*
Discussions of AO3 feedback often raise the question of “do pro writers also…” And the answer is, yes, yes we do. But our desire for and adoration of feedback is multilayered, with the odd and uneasy reticence that art+commerce creates…
the following was taken from a discussion on my Facebook page.
I note we’ve stalled out with 24 reviews of THE COLD EYE on Amazon. They’re all wonderful reviews, so I can’t feel too bad about that, but I’m kinda hoping we can get more up there before the trade paperback edition and the third book are listed, she said wistfully…
(Goodreads has 73 reviews up, also predominantly good. I’ve love to see that hit 100)
Why is this important? Well, obviously, for my own egoboo. Never underestimate the kick in the pants a good review can give a writer to get back to writing (“they liked it! They might want more!”). It’s like a very public fan letter (I like the private ones too, yes). But even more than that, and more directly useful than that, reviews (and ideally positive reviews) are the best, most effective marketing tool anything ever gets. It’s not me you’re reviewing for, it’s the person browsing for their next book to buy. Lots of people saying “oh hey I liked this” is far more likely to push a sale, or at least get them to take a look at the book….
And the more we sell, the more I get to write, the better I can afford to do things like feed the cats and house myself, without becoming a burden on society and/or ending up living in my bestie’s basement…
(mind you, it’s a very nice basement, and comes with hot and cold running dogs, but still.)
Rules: Complete the survey and say who tagged you in the beginning. When you finished, tag 5 people to do this survey. Have fun and enjoy!!
1. Are you named after someone: Nope! My parents just liked the name Stephanie.
2. When was the last time you cried: Well I probably need to cry right now but I think it was probably about a week ago?
3. Do you like your handwriting: I mean honestly I do. It’s really messy but I have my own weird mesh of print-cursive that is kinda unique. So yeah I do like it.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat: Uhhhh…. It’s bad for me but probably bologna?
5. Do you have kids: I was wished a happy mother’s day on here twice Sunday so I guess I have internet kids but no real ones.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you: I always say if I met myself I’d punch me so honestly idk how you all put up with me. But I love you for it!!!
7. Do you use sarcasm: What is this sarcasm? I am entirely foreign to it. It’s not like it’s my entire language or anything.
8. Do you still have your tonsils: Yes
9. Would you bungee jump: Sure sounds like fun!
10. What is your favorite kind of cereal: Ah I like so many! I absolutely love chocolate miniwheats though
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off: Haha nope
12. Do you think you’re a strong person: Um. I don’t know. I’m not physically weak. And as for mental strength I’ve had a lot of practice flexing my mind (haha) but I don’t know if I’m strong.
13. What is your favorite ice cream flavor: Chocolate/salted caramel
14. What is the first thing you notice about people: Their hair
15. Red or pink: Pink is my favorite color so
16. What is your least favorite physical thing about yourself: That I still have freaking acne even though I’m in college.
17. What color pants and shoes are you wearing now: Black jeans and black boots (I’ve stopped claiming my mostly black is unintentional and am just acting like it’s an aesthetic choice now)
18. What was the last thing you ate: A granola bar (I’m about to go get dinner though)
19. What are you listening to right now: My amazing kpop playlist (message me if you want the link haha)
20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be: Orange. If you need me I’m easy to spot but most of the time you overlook me cause I’m not important.
21. Favorite smell: New books
22. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone: My “friend” (not sure if we’re friends but at least we talked some stuff through)
23. Favorite sport to watch: Hockey (or if we’re talking anime then volleyball)
24. Hair color: It can’t decide if it’s blonde or brown so some weird mix of the two (everyone I ask has different opinions too). It says blonde on my driver’s license though
25. Eye color: Green/grey (it changes depending on the lighting and what colors I wear-cool right? Nope cause I mostly wear black lmao…)
26. Do you wear contacts: Nope
27. Favorite food to eat: Cheeseburgers lmao (I also love sushi and dessert)
28. Scary movies or comedy: Comedy
29. Last movie you watched: Blackfish cause I was writing my film final essay on it.
30. What color shirt are you wearing: I’m wearing an unbuttoned green/blue/yellow plaid shirt and then a black (I mean if you didn’t see that coming) tank-top under
31. Summer or winter: Winter
32. Hugs or kisses: Hugs please (send some my way)
33. What book are you currently reading: Lol it’s finals-even I don’t have time to read
34. Who do you miss right now: My little sister :(
35. What is on your mouse pad: I don’t have a mouse pad
36. What is the last TV program you watched: Before finals I was catching up on season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Scmidt
37. What is the best sound: Music (specifically BTS haha)
38. Rolling Stones or The Beatles: Both are good and I’m not invested in either so I can’t really say…
39. What is the furthest you have ever traveled: Costa Rica
40. Do you have a special talent: Because I need the confidence boost at the moment I’m going to say writing but if you don’t count that-a talent I don’t really advertise (except for the last tag I posted like 30 min ago lmao-oops) is rapping
41: Where were you born: In the mystical land of Florida
04. 06. 16 // good morning~! squeezing in an early chemistry review session before going back to psychology revision. i’m (more than) a little stressed thinking about next week, but i’m trying my best to stay calm 😌
what infuriates me about my own stupidity is that the test is soooo formulaic, very mechanical. there are very few questions where, if i got them wrong, i go back and don’t realize why the correct answer is correct. so it’s not like i’m not understanding the concepts it’s that i get tripped up by dumb mistakes and errors…ugh!!!
Thanks to my amazing beta, waiting4morning, for her wonderful work! Thanks to Musashi1596 for the title.
Hi guys! Sorry for the long absence. Basically, my hand pains came back and I decided not to push myself this time and let them recover instead. I’ve been slowly writing and taking it easy.
There a nice bit of drama at the end of this story. I had a rather rude reviewer, and honestly? I’ve been writing this story for a year and a half. Sometimes it just feels good to be pissy back to people.
I’m completely lacking in self-control so I just bought Nightshade despite my gaming and books backlog. In my defense, it was on sale and I wanted to support the dev so they can localize more. I’m just waiting for it to download but I’m really excited to play it! I’ve heard that it’s excellent so I can’t wait to get started.
I just finished Cinderella Phenomenon and it blew me away! Characters I didn’t expect to like grew on me and I even finished the good endings for all the routes. Usually, I just pick the routes of whoever interests me but this game made me a completionist for good endings. I might do a review soon. I might also go back to other otome games and at least complete all the good ends. Maybe when Ozmafia’s frequent fade to black scenes stop bothering me.
There are two more localized otome games set to come out on Steam soon: The Charming Empire and Campus Nightlife. I’m not so sure about Campus Nightlife but I’m definitely buying The Charming Empire when it’s out.
Louis is a poor writer and recent university graduate, depressed, anxious, and living in London when he meets Harry, an artist with a secret who likes to paint sunrises and pretty boys from California.
This fic is completely, stunningly, overwhelmingly beautiful. I cannot believe how many times I reread paragraphs because I was amazed by every element of the writing. From word choice to sentence structure - the writing took my breath away.
It’s an addicting read, too. I couldn’t put it down, and eventually I found myself in the best kind of emotional haze. Which, speaking of emotions - oh wow. Everything Louis and Harry experience is conveyed so well you almost feel like part of the story. It’s just so beautiful.
If you’re looking for a poetic, angsty, intimate fic - here you go. Read this right now, you won’t be disappointed.
It’s been a while since
I last review Nanatsu no Taizai/The Seven Deadly Sins chapter, but I have been
following it consistently. It’s not that I gave up on the manga or even writing
a review. It’s the matter of life and scheduling. With that said, it’s good to
be back once again writing a review. The story may seem to be directionless or
on pause before shifting towards the next focus arc, it manage to deliver a
nice chapter of development for one and only Gowther.