hi!!! i love you and your blog so much~~ i have a speech tomorrow and i'm freaaking out so muchhh. any tips on presenting well? xx
- tysm for loving my blog!!
- good luck with your speech!!
- dw, i used to get super nervous for speeches too, but afterwards when you look back on it, it lasts all of 5 minutes, done!
- just make sure you memorise your speech as best as you can,
- speak slower than you normally would (because if you’re nervous then you always end up rushing anyway).
- Also, if you haven’t already needed to submit the speech transcript, brevity is the soul of wit; at university (as well as high school I suppose), they put a lot of emphasis on being concise and getting to the point, and making sure that you focus on the main points.
- If you feel like your speech is too hard to fit into the time limit, then it means you’ve written too much or not concisely enough!!
- Remember also that a speech is not meant to be an essay, so there needs to be something that makes it like a spoken word oratory. If you don’t really have the art of speech writing down, as many students don’t, then just put a lot of rhetorical questions (lol that’s what i did)
- Other than that, you can always try for the dramatic; people (including markers) almost always will give high marks even if you skim a bit on the analysis because they’ve heard so many freaking boring speeches over the years they’ll be falling over themselves for a dramatic speech.
Hope that helps!! ^_^