- In Finland, coffee can be used as a means of fortune telling by the way in which the froth formed on the coffee’s surface - if a bubble formed after it has been poured in an moves towards the drinker, it would mean more money. However, if it moved away, it would mean that they would lose money.
- In Romania, if you spill coffee it means that you will receive money from somewhere.
- If a girl spills coffee, it means that her lover is thinking of her.
- Dropping a cup in which the coffee is in will bring bad luck.
- If the coffee pot boils more than usual, it means that rain is coming.
- If drinking Turkish coffee, there will be residue at the bottom after the cup is finished; the shape which forms will be symbolic.
- In Brazil, there is a superstition in which you should always put sugar in before coffee, and one day you will become rich.
- In Greece, it is bad luck to cheer with coffee.
- In Egypt, it is believed that spilling coffee is good luck.