Lance’s maturity is just. Incredible. Like, yes he was petty about the leader thing, but as soon as the Black Lion made its decision (and more importantly, as soon as he noticed Keith was genuinely upset about it / doubting himself), he immediately flips the script. He’s in Keith’s corner, backing him up and encouraging him. He’s able to set aside his pride and insecurities in an instant and like… wow. What a genuinely good kid.
big mood: that scene in Baby Driver when Baby has a seemingly infinite supply of sunglasses and keeps pulling them out of his pockets and putting them on every time Jon Bernthal took the pair he was wearing
• Phichit is a doll and I love him. He greets the listener in Thai, and proceeds to introduce Yuuri as “This is my best friend, Yuuri!” who is, of course, embarrassed by this
• Yuuri calls Phichit a “fan service monster” and says that he always goes over the top when interacting with fans (isn’t that the sweetest thing ever?)
• Phichit demonstrates this by going over the top very enthusiastically explaining the plot and theme to the King&the Skater movie, all while dancing in the middle of the museum in front of his SP costume display
• Yuuri: You’re gonna dance here?!
• Phichit proceeds to grab Yuuri’s hand and tugs Yuuri into the dance with him
(Yuuri asks “Shall we skate?” all breathy-like in English and I died)
Phichit: Look, it’s the photo corner!
Yuuri: Oh no, Phichit’s social media posts are here too…
Phichit: Look, there’s Yuuri’s ring! Hey, omg, did you know, Yuuri and Victor are–
Yuuri: Ahhh, Phichit, no! Next, next, next, let’s go!!
Phichit: Haaaaaaappyyyyyyyyy Wedding! -fading into the background-
• Phichit and Yuuri fanboy Victor’s skating in extreme detail, talking about his routines, jumps and combos. Phichit thinks Victor’s Stammi Vicino program is amazing
(Yuuri thinks everything about Victor is amazing)
Yuuri: Of course it’s so like Victor to be able to pull off programs with such high difficulty
Phichit: If it’s Yuuri, you could totally do it too!!!
Yuuri: Please don’t shout those kinds of things…
• Phichit was super surprised and impressed with Yuuri’s GPF performance, including the fact that he had four quads and a flip in his FS. He also thinks Yuuri is very “manly” for pulling off such a feat
• Phichit: (shouting) Everyone! My best friend got a silver at the GPF!!!
• Phichit and Yuuri were both super happy to be able to see each other at the GPF, say it brought back fond memories of their time in Detroit together, are proud of each other’s accomplishments and are excited for the future
Best Friends Forever, I love these two so much…
Besides her human-like features, their facial similarities, and how fucking AWESOME it would be, we’ve actually already met her before.
Remember this? Yeah, Keef met a mysterious Galra that he fought alongside but who ultimately betrayed him
LET’S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK SHALL WE
The uniform is EXACTLY the same and given the body shape + coloring, she can’t be the two ladies on the left. So she’s either Galra warrior of the right BUT hooded Galra lady’s weapon seems v different from that small gun (either a sword or a staff or a long sniper gun???) PLUS A LITTLE SMALL DETAIL: Both mysterious Weblum Galra and human-like Galra lady have a touch of orange on their collar.
SO THAT MYSTERIOUS GALRA WAS DEFINITELY GOTH AZULA SO IT’S CLEAR SHE HAS SOME RELATION TO KEITH BECAUSE WHY ELSE WOULD THEY WRITE THAT SCENE??
And given that she was trapped in this uniform, she was already working for Lotor. Keith’s mom is a known associate of the Blade of Marinade so she couldn’t be working for Lotor unless some dramatic af shit went down and changed her loyalties OR she’s in deep cover. But I still think she’s too young and too human looking to be Keef’s mom.
YOU KNOW WHAT EXPLANATION WORKS?
Cowboy Bebop and his furry alien wife have twins. They separate those twins at birth because they take after different parents (lookswise). Keef’s dad abandons him for some unknown reason and maybe Keef’s mom does the same with her daughter?? (Too risky to have a child with the Blade??) Her daughter grows up bullied for her half-human heritage and when another group of half-Galra soldiers come to recruit her, including this charismatic prince, she joins without a second thought., either strongly believing in the mission or not really caring what the mission was just happy to have a place to belong. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.
CUE GENERAL VS. PALADIN FIGHT
CUE FIGHT SCENE BETWEEN THE TWINS
CUE KEEF TAKING OUT HIS KNIFE AFTER HIS BAYARD GETS KNOCKED AWAY
CUE HER BEING LIKE WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GET THAT BECAUSE SHE HAS A SIMILAR KNIFE
CUE THEM BEING OVERJOYED AT HAVING FAMILY (WE’RE ALL MADE UP OF THE SAME FUCKING COSMIC DUST) AND THEN GETTING ALL SAD BECAUSE THEY’RE ON DIFFERENT SIDES AND TECHNICALLY HAVE TO KILL EACH OTHER
CUE HER TRYING TO CONVINCE KEEF TO JOIN THEM AND VICE VERSA
CUE THEM BEING LIKE “DID I JOIN THE RIGHT SIDE??” AND HAVING INTERNAL CONFLICT
CUE THEM UNABLE TO FIGHT EACH OTHER (OR BEING ANGRY AT EACH OTHER AND FIGHTING EXXXTRA HARD TO PROVE THEY CAN)
CUE KEEF BEING LIKE SHES NOT MY SISTER. SHIRO WAS MORE MY REAL FAMILY THAN THIS RANDOM STRANGER FUCK THIS
CUE HIM GETTING ALL DEPRESSED CAUSE HIS FAMILY IS A SHITSHOW
(cue Lance comforting him and telling him it’s great her found his sister because having siblings is great oh wait this is my own self-indulgent fantasy)
and when they finally do make up and become real siblings, can you imagine them being like “so what was mom/dad like??” and the other being like “…well i don’t really know” CUE MY TEARS
gOD THIS IS GOING TO BE SO HEART WRENCHING IM ALL FOR IT. GIVE ME KEEF’S GALRA TWIN SISTER. GIVE ME GALRA LEIA. I NEED IT.
WARNING: the following text contains spoilers and can be considered disturbing to some readers. especially my brain, because it’s leaking out my ears after typing this.
This is the first movie ever I’ve gone to see on opening night. And let me just say that, for the record, I’m glad I went to watch with friends. Without them, I would have most likely calmly exited the room, climbed up to the roof, and dived straight off.