do you have any tips for someone looking to start their own webcomic? c:
YOU’RE STARTING A WEBCOMIC!!! I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!!
Ok, Anacrine Complex is my first webcomic, so obviously I’m not the most knowledgeable person out there, but hopefully you can find some use out of these things I’ve learned:
1) Start with a plan. It’s good to have at least a rough idea of where you want to go with your story or weekly strip. For me, this means having the script written out completely before I start drawing. For other people, this means having a one-sentence outline. Whatever floats your boat! Just make sure you have some direction for those days you get stuck.
2) Just do it! A lot of people want to wait until their skills are better before diving into a webcomic, so they’re kind of stuck doing the same thing they did before and they never really start their project. AVOID THIS! The beautiful thing about webcomics is that the art and writing are almost expected to improve with time. Look at Paranatural or Nimona for examples! Just go ahead and do your thing, friends. The skills will come with practice.
3) Make short-term goals and stick with them. I sort of arbitrarily set the one-page-a-week goal because I knew I could be successful turning out a good product even during busy weeks. Without that goal, my comic would probably still be a half-finished script floating around on my hard drive.
4) Enjoy the process. Make sure that you don’t focus on praise or fame as the reason for doing your comic! Webcomics are a labor of love that generally take a while for people to recognize and share, so if you don’t enjoy writing and drawing them, ultimately you may want to do another type of project. Be excited about your comic and life will be good. :)
5) Keep asking questions! Both of yourself and of the artists you admire. You’ll continue to improve as you do so.
That Vriska/Equius exchange was so good though like
it’s so obvious how desperate she is, but there’s no way vriska’s gonna just flat out ask for help, especially from someone like equius; she’s waaay to proud for that (she even admits this shit’s embarrassing for her).
So she tries to buttering him up, maybe hoping that he’ll just offer to help given her condition.
and then, just before passing out she compliments Equius while simultaneously reminding him of how terrible her own lusus is.
Bottom line is, Hussie is incredibly good at writing his characters and I am so fucking excited for the rest of this comic.
Unfortunately it’ll be going on the backburner for a bit, due to a lot of other draw happenings, but it will certainly be getting its day in the sun with a printed & digital version whenever I can. But in the mean time here’s a sneaky peek.
“Awww, just look how cute they are! Perfect synchrony, one coming up with the theories and the other bringing them to life with pure mechanical skill. They are a scientist’s dream team.”
“What? Don’t look at me like that Dingles. I’m saying they should work together, not that they should marry… But now that I think about it…”
“Fine, fine!… Hey, do you think Toro would let me appoint two successors instead of one?”
I actually like this ship quite a lot. It won’t be canon on this blog since the canon ship here is Alphyne, but I can definitely see the appeal. Still, the friendship between Papyrus and Undyne is extremely important for both of them, so let us reach a compromise here and gift you with some cute genius children shenanigans to satisfy all your fishbones needs.
We have one more request for Feel Good Week left and then it’s back to regular comic business. There are a lot of asks to answer and some news to give you guys so see you then.
Full Moon Night- 1p2p AmeCan witches and werewolves
A birthday gift to my dearest darling little sister Miss Annie @vi-6w6
“What exactly… were you trying to summon tonight??”
“Animal spirits,” Matthew answers. He doesn’t hear the strange tone in Alfred’s voice and he doesn’t quite turn around. “But I think I worked the spell wrong. They’re supposed to kinda appear out of the woods, but I haven’t seen anything so far.”
“I think I found them.”
Finally Matthew turns at his spot by the fire to look back at him. Alfred was standing quite still. One very large werewolf with pale fur standing on two feet was looming over him and snuffling at his hair. A second one- fur a glossy chocolate color- was on all fours, curling his body around Alfred’s leg and nuzzling his nose against his hands.
Unsure what to do, Alfred strokes the wolf’s nose and head.