up till now, yosuke has either opt out of participating in white’s day, or given obligatory gifts ( and the occasional—totally only happened twice, not any more than that—i kind of like you maybe we should go out? gifts. what? he’s a bit of a romantic. sue him ). he’s never had to really, reallythink about getting someone a gift. until this year, anyway. he might have panicked & totally forgot what people do for White’s Day ( okay, so he might have panicked, and totally blanked, and then sat around his house trying to figure something out for like an hour. or two ).
but, you see, souji has this weird calming presence. yosuke can just see him passing by & he’ll feel better ( the about what changes frequently ). so when he spies his partner, he already feels calmer ( even though some part of him is getting worked up because this is a bad idea, no dude—bad idea central!! ), already feels more confident as he calls out for the other boy.
“souji! hey souji!! wait up!”
he’s a bundle of nerves as he rushes up to his partner, jittery when he talks, fidgety & constantly moving even when they stop walking. his mind is going five hundred miles per hour—-is this a good idea? bad idea? good idea! no—bad. definitely bad. but—-?
yosuke’s all smiles and big grins even as he hooks a finger in souji’s collar & pulls him down ( he’s not that much taller, but he’s taller all the same ) just enough to reach and plant a quick, chaste kiss on his lips ( getting that close to souji always makes him short circuit. he can’t help it ) before pulling away. the distance doesn’t do anything for his face, sadly, as it’s already getting red. yosuke’s quick to ( attempt ) to hide it away behind a box ( neatly wrapped, if not plainly done. there’s no names or bows or ribbon—he couldn’t bring himself to decorate it ), but his smile shows even if his mouth isn’t visible. it pushes at the corners of his eyes.
“s-so!! yeah, uh, so i wasn’tsure how big of a sweet tooth you have, but i thought maybe this would be okay—? they’re really good. i uh—-i can’t really bake.
SO, i hope you’ll accept myfavorite chocolate instead? they’re… well, they’re store bought, but these are damn good. sorry, partner. i know it’s kind of lame.”
1. preheat oven to 180. line 2 baking trays w non-stick baking paper
2. use an electric beater to beat the butter sugar & vanilla essence in a medium bowl until pale & creamy. u dont want to just drop a lump of butter into a bowl if ur gonna beat it so make sure u chop that sucker up into little slices. it makes it a lot easier for the sugar to mix all up in that
for ppl who worry abt when to take the cookies out: wait until the colour is darker on the top, these biscuits went in pretty pale so im thinking a nice yellow gold brown kinda colour. but sometimes they’re still a bit soft so get a fork or a kebab stick thing?? skewer. get a skewer & stick it into one of the cookies & test the consistency like that. u can see by the way it reacts – like if it goes a bit gooey, if there is anything on the skewer/fork u know its not ready.
4. okie dokie once its all mixed get some plain flour & put it on ur hands. this’ll stop the mixture from sticking to ur hands (& it WILL STICK this sucker is MESSY). just pour a little of the plain flour into a bowl or smth & u can stick ur hands in it when u run out. so w ur floured hands, grab a little of the mixture & smoosh it into a ball. put this on ur tray (w the non-stick baking paper) & keep making them. keep them a couple of centimetres away from each other in all directions these lil balls are gonna get bigger (i put them WAY too close i know that i did lmao but whatever). u might need a second tray
5. when ur done, stick the tray/s into the oven for 15 minutes & while ur waiting u can clean up
6. u should check on them halfway. if u have two trays, switch the positions in the oven i.e. tray on bottom shelf should go onto the top shelf. i only have one tray but im gonna spin it around so the half that was at the back will be at the front but thats just bc my oven is hotter at the back lmao
if ur having a rough time getting the sugar & the butter to mix, fill ur sink up w hot water & let the mixing bowl sit over the water for a while. the butter will soften & that makes it easier to mix altogether