warning: this playlist is possibly the most pretentious hipster white dude musical collection ever assembled. this playlist lives in bushwick, brooklyn, although it’s loudly considering moving to berlin. this playlist rides a fixed-gear bicycle and is brewing its own kombucha tea in its apartment, in violation of the local building codes and the landlord’s rental agreement. this playlist is a democratic socialist and rails against capitalism, while still scrounging off its parents. this playlist has strong opinions about craft beers.
so basically, it’s my 20s in digital music form. damn it, xabi.
1. Braid - (Strawberry Ann) Switzerland // 2. Cap’n Jazz - Theme To 90210 // 3. Beat Happening - Not a Care in the World // 4. The Magnetic Fields - I Think I Need a New Heart // 5. The Vaselines - Molly’s Lips // 6. The Breeders - When I Was A Painter // 7. We Ragazzi - Hey, Chicago // 8. The Rock*A*Teens - Our Future Was Then // 9. Hop Along - Sister Cities // 10. The Exploding Hearts - Throwaway Style // 11. The Replacements - Kiss Me On The Bus // 12. The Undertones - Teenage Kicks // 13. Hunx & His Punx - Tonite Tonite // 14. Sheer Mag - Night Isn’t Bright // 15. The Velvet Underground - Rock & Roll // 16. Buzzcocks - Noise Annoys // 17. X-Ray Spex - I Can’t Do Anything // 18. The 184.108.40.206′s - Bomb the Twist // 19. The Dead Milkmen - Surfin’ Cow // 20. Patti Smith - April Fool // 21. Clem Snide - Joan Jett of Arc // 22. The Mountain Goats - Jenny // 23. Polaris - She Is Staggering // 24. Pavement - Gold Soundz // 25. Jawbreaker - Sea Foam Green // 26. Wipers - Let’s Go Away // 27. Bikini Kill - Carnival // 28. Sonic Youth - The Sprawl // 29. Fugazi - Pink Frosty // 30. World/Inferno Friendship Society - Pickles and Gin // 31. Earth Girls - Code Switch // 32. Kepi Ghoulie and The Accelerators - She Gets All The Girls // 33. The Unlovables - Fuck The World // 34. Boris The Sprinkler - Don’t Really Want To Walk To Taco Bell Without You // 35. Tuscadero - Candy Song // 36. That Dog - Did You Ever // 37. Tenement - Dreaming Out Loud #2 // 38. Smoking Popes - Pure Imagination
There’s really no better way to spend a
2 and a half hour train journey than going through prompts and picking out a
cute one, right??
I’m also really paranoid about writing
on trains fhdjsafhdh I really hope no-one’s reading over my shoulder they’ll be
so Confused I’ve turned my laptop brightness right down and im trying to angle
the screen away from Everyone #pray4shelley
prompt: teenage!phan are best friends
and phil has a crush on dan. phil also has a parrot and one afternoon when
dan’s at his house the parrot says “i love dan” or something and then
Oh Gold Soundz. a song so much about wanting something but being happy enough not to have it. it seems to promote summer and also chastise its dumb connotations. it seems to revel in nostalgia and gestate that it’s not really needed (maybe because the now is always better?). it doesn’t matter.
oh, and “cos you’re the kinda girl I like, cos you’re empty and I’m empty” has probably summated the love lives of too many pretty young things, the first of which no doubt having had curtained hair, in some kind of admittance that cynicism is hot and all I want to do is tug the back of the sleeve of your jumper backward toward me and fuck you when you get jaded. I guess if this song doesn’t make you think of the girl you like or one you used to then you probably need to go to more parties or something because everyone deserves to have someone to think about to Pavement. even if you hate them.
I also really love songs where they sign off with a noise totally incongruous to the rest of the song; either they hint at something that was only ever tapped towards or it presents something brand new. or, like here, it seems to unfurl what the song never wanted to admit to itself: something a bit sour, that’s gone off quickly and instead of gleaning in the sun, warps like plastic.
Genre: A little bit of fluff, a little bit of angst, a little bit of something in between
Summary: When you love a certain Kim Taehyung more than strawberries
A/N: In celebration of my hubby’s birthday ^w^ pls tell me that i am an innocent smol bean because this fic can definitely be a bedtime story :)))
like it when the sun sets over the horizon, wrapping the pavement in gold, as
slivers of sunlight slip through puffy clouds to warm up your back, protecting
you from the gusty winds blowing your way. You like it when the sound of your feet
on the cobblestones echoes with each thump of your heart, the steadiness in
which reminds you of the person walking indiscernibly ahead of you, an old
habit he never noticed until that one time when you had pulled his sleeve in an
attempt to slow him down, to which he had frowned, sulkily complaining that he
was only doing so in order to hide you from aliens deciding to invade planet
Earth as though it was a likely event. You like it when your knuckle brushes
against his once in a while as the two of you walk next to each other, a
constant reminder to you that he is always within a hand’s reach, unexpectedly
Still, nothing compares to the first hour
of nightfall - when everything is dimmed and diminished to a low hum; when all
you can see is his radiant smile which never ceases to falter - you become more
and more entranced by the banter exchanged between the two of you with every
passing second. That is when you wonder if having made your existence known to
him has already cost you a lifetime’s fortune.
Finally doing a tag from the other day, @cloyfronkol asked me to do my top 10 songs and just to make this easier for myself, I’m gonna do my favorite song from the top 10 artists in my last.fm
1. The Gun Song - Car Seat Headrest
2. Novelty Sweater - Jeff Rosenstock
3. Dan the Dancer - Mitski
4. Dig Me Out - Sleater-Kinney
5. Only in Dreams - Weezer
6. Futile Devices - Sufjan Stevens
7. Ivy - Frank Ocean
8. Nude - Radiohead
9. Orange Julius - Joyce Manor
10. Gold Soundz - Pavement