I thought ‘hey, why not just use both instead of being confused as to which one is the correct one?’ And that’s how the Bastet VS Sekhmet phenomenon in Egyptian culture was integrated into the story. Bastet!Sora would be when Sanji-Mama was calm and happy (read on Bastet here) and Sekhmet!Sola (read on Sekhmet here) would be when Sanji-Mama was angry and raging at ANYONE WHO DARES TOUCHETH HER PRECIOUS SANJI. End result: Chopper and everyone else calls her Sora when she’s Bastet (the goddess of healing and protection), and Sola (the goddess of war and bloodlust) when she’s Sekhmet. They are still the one and same Sanji-Mama despite the different forms.
RATING: E for Everyone (rating may change in later chapters, stay tuned!!)
NOTES/WARNINGS: Kidnapping, bloody battles. Also dragons, if that’s your thing ;3c
“Highness, I don’t think it’s a good idea…” You roll your eyes, feathered wings guiding you in circles over the battle raging several hundred feet below you. “What if you get hurt? Or killed? Or caught?”
“Then we’ll worry about it when it happens.” Your general, a crow like yourself, sighs wearily, flying next to you as you ceased circling and flew behind a nearby hill.
A mostly blue dragon tail with a yellow underbelly. Made with anodized aluminum scales, a full line of chrome spikes down the spine, and a diamond-shaped leather spade tip in blue.
I included a close-up of the tip of the tail to show the lobster clasps that hold the spade tip. And also a photo under fluorescent lights to show how hard it is to get this blue to show up properly in photos. White balance is weird, guys.
Anyway, the stats on this one: it measures 33 inches from tip to top of belt line, and the spade tip adds 2.5 inches. In total it weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces.
Finished this dragon tail commission last night. It’s got brown anodized aluminum on top with a yellow/gold anodized aluminum underbelly. The commissioner wanted it based on an alligator character, so I could call it a gator tail, but I still think of these as dragon tails.
I added some backwards-turned scales into the pattern to mimic the double row of bumpy armored scales that gators have down their spine. I think it turned out pretty well. It’s a subtle effect from certain angles, but when the light catches it from other directions the inverted scales catch the light really well.
31 inches long, so slightly shorter than my standard pattern. It weighs in at 2 pounds 10 ounces.
I’m currently not taking more commissions for these until I get through my queue of outstanding orders, but you can still check out my page of information about them if you’d like.
As the first African American FLOTUS, Michelle Obama is a writer, Harvard Law degree lawyer, and arguably one of the most influential role models of our time. She has led health initiatives and education movements, dominated the social media world, and become a fashion icon. With the Obama’s exiting the oval, let us take a moment to spotlight Michelle’s top 10 greatest fashion hits. (Narrowing down this list was IMPOSSIBLE!)
1. May 24, 2016 - No use dipping our toes, let’s start this list off with something fabulous. FLOTUS graced the Nordic State Dinner with a peach Naeem Kahn draped gown with her hair pinned back in a gorgeous piece-y updo.
2. May 3, 2016 - In order to promote the Joining Forces cause, Michelle appeared on ‘The Voice’ in this immaculately tailored wide-leg pantsuit and jacket by Monique Lhuillier.
3. July 25, 2016 - This blue, belted Christian Siriano dress provided the perfect ode to Michelle’s class and elegance as she spoke at the Democratic Convention in honor of Hillary Clinton.
4. April 30, 2016 - The First Lady went against the grain of her usual style at her last White House Correspondents’ dinner, and it payed off. For the ceremonial event Michelle chose this glitz Givenchy dress accompanied by simple styling.
5. March 10, 2016 - Pictured at the Canadian State Dinner, Michelle turned heads in Jason Wu, gracing us all with the fierce slit.
6. December 4, 2016 - In the Obama’s final Kennedy Center Honors Show she slayed a custom Gucci gown accented with a pearl and crystal embroidered brooch centered at the bodice.
7. May 1, 2015 - Speaking at the ribbon cutting of the Whitney Museum of Art, it was only right the First Lady appear in this playful-patterned, classically shaped dress by Thakoon.
8. March 2015 - Here, Mrs. Obama steps off Air Force One after landing in Tokyo wearing a vibrant Kenzo belted dress; because don’t we all look like this after a plane ride across the world…
9. September 25, 2015 - In custom Vera Wang, Michelle floated down the red carpet at the China State Dinner with pure beauty.
10. October 19, 2016 - The absolute best for last. The epitome of glamor, FLOTUS wore this rose-gold chainmail Atelier Versace gown at the last State Dinner in Washington D.C..
Blue anodized aluminum with a stripe of yellow, and an underbelly of plain aluminum. This one measures in at 2 pounds 10 ounces and 29.5 inches long. It’s also got a lobster clasp that you can see just barely right at the tip.
And I grabbed a quick shot of the belt loop attachment, because it’s been a while since I posted a photo of that.
I’ve got a pile of masks to produce in the next week, but I’m planning on opening for May commission requests over the weekend.
arktouros asked: Just in case any of the cast looks at this page, and so that someone can eventually tell Laura, total gold spent/lost/given?
Let’s take a moment to appreciate that Vex’ahlia went from balking at paying 1 gold for information at the gate of Kraghammer in Episode 1 to willingly giving a 20 pound bag of gems at the gate of the City of Brass in Episode 74. Updated to Episode 79.
I made this stunning solid Gold Chainmaille necklace by using simple tools and a deep well of patience. Starting with raw wire I form each link before carefully cutting them individually with a jewelers’ saw ensuring a perfectly smooth finish. My next step is to build this chain one link at a time using two pairs of needle nose pliers. This process takes countless hours, but along with my twelve years of professional experience in making Chainmaille, the finished product is an unmatched one of a kind piece of art.
This necklace is exactly twenty-one inches long, made from 18 gauge 14K solid Gold round wire, and weighs well over two ounces. I love the feel and weight of Gold.
American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Mock Neck Bodysuit - $40 American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Leggings - $28 Safeguard Bespoke White Bulletproof Vest - $425 Fratelli Orsini Silk Lined Italian Lambskin Gloves - $93 Duke of Jahan Gold Chainmaille Body Chain Epaulette - $380 Giuseppe Zanotti Leather & Metal High-Top Sneakers - $1295 Got2b Glued Styling Spiking Glue - $6
This is a Captain Swan: Choose Your Own Adventure story where you choose the plot (details here) It’s part of my Follower Appreciation (thanks guys!).
When Regina seeks revenge for Cora’s death and a happy ending with Henry something goes horribly wrong. A canon divergence fic from 2x20 “The Evil Queen” where Regina’s failsafe isn’t an auto-destruct. Back in the Enchanted Forest Emma and Killian are forced to pretend to be married while they figure out what happened.