Tagged by @mikoe24~! I had to think about this for a while. I’m the type that kind of ships everyone/everyone if you let me, heh. But thank you for tagging me <3
1. Natsume Yuujinchou - Tanuma/Natsume is my absolute fav, through and through. (Though Tanuma/Natsume/Taki is my OT3. Or one true polyship, if we take it to mean that ;D) The best thing about this pairing is that it’s … just so sweet and caring? Tanuma calls Natsume out when he hides things and Natsume is slowly opening up to him about the world he sees, discovering it’s okay to share parts of it. Even if they’ll never fully understand each other. Natsume doesn’t get mad when Tanuma calls him out either. Because he knows he needs to work on expanding his world, piece by piece. Instead, it’s when Tanuma does something reckless. When Tanuma puts his life at risk to be there for Natsume’s sake. I love their dynamic and the way they cherish each other - and just. The way they look at each other? It’s beautiful and pure.
2. Ao no Exorcist - Rin/Izumo. I fell in love with this pairing and I’m not giving it up. Nope. I like the fact that they can tease each other, and yet still relate to each other more than any other.
3. Beyond the Boundary - Akihito/Mirai. Ahhhh, what can I say about this pairing? It gets me in the feels every. single. time. Two lonely people finding each other and coming together in this world??? Sign. Me. UP.
4. Danganronpa - Sakura/Aoi. I am in love with their love. Aoi’s reaction to what happens to Sakura was well-played and definitely despair inducing. The thing is, she pulls herself together for Sakura’s sake at the end of the game? And that’s just. It really makes me want to cry. THEY CARED SO MUCH FOR EACH OTHER, WHY.
5. Tokyo Ghoul - Hideyoshi/Kaneki. Ahahaha, I’m gonna pretend the ending didn’t happen. Forever. Sunshine child is still alive somewhere. You cannot fool me.
6. The World Ends With You - Joshua/Neku. Three words: “Good luck, Neku~!”
7. Final Fantasy 7 - Genesis/Cloud. This is a prime example of how an excellent writer can sway you into something you didn’t think you would ever ship. I mean, yeah, Genesis is completely my kind of character. The type I like best. But to ship him with Cloud??? How would that work, you ask? Well, let me send you over to Beloved and you will see why. Tbh, I read The Fifth Act, the masterpiece of a time travel fic Sinnatious wrote, and that’s where I originally started thinking: oh hey, Genesis and his interaction with Cloud is kind of lovely, is that pairing a thing? Then I checked, and lo and behold, Sinnatious wrote over 90,000 words FOR THEM. And it was a thing of beauty. Prose is spot on. I am a sucker for Genesis the way Sinnatious writes him (I melt while reading anything with him in it).
8. Yuri on Ice - Victor/Yuri. I think this one is pretty obvious, haha. I really adore the way their relationship was portrayed. I did not think I would get this invested in something I thought was going to be another generic sports anime show. But here I am and I adore this show, this pairing. I don’t know how to put it into words how much I care for these two silly lovebirds.
9. Tower of God - Baam/Koon, because as much I love Androssi … I love Koon more.
“When you think about it, life itself may not have any real meaning, you know? Is being obsessed with breathing & blood flowing through your body really living? In order to find meaning for me being born & living, don’t I have to find something more important than that? If something comes up where I have to put my life on the line to go with it, what meaning would the rest of my life have if I were to miss that? Right now I feel like the end of the world will come if Baam isn’t here."
My heart. It literally hurts when I think about their relationship and how much things have changed. I want them to be happy. I want them to climb the tower together and just. be. happy.
10. Madoka Magica - Sayaka/Kyoko. IT COULD HAVE BEEN CUTE. What. What even with this show. I can’t.
I stayed away from Servamp pairings because I am all over the place with those, lol.