hi other anon here~~ do you have any recs to read good comics with poison ivy? im kinda scared to see some bad characterization~
hey!!!! ok ive read most of these a long time ago so im not sure if they’re gonna be accurate recs but anyways, recs off the top of my head:
- Fruit of the Earth arc: Batman: Shadow of the Bat #88 / Batman #568 / Detective Comics #735: I LOVE IVY ON THIS ARC!!!!!!
- Gotham Central #32: ties in with that arc’s storyline
- Detective comics #751-#752 follows that arc (not really, but it has the same writer, god bless rucka, and the continuity is good) (and honestly it made me tear up)
- Gotham Knights #60-65: these happen two years after that arc, i also liked ivy here. (you might need some knowledge about hush tho) warnings for suicide, drugs and other things like experimentation in people etc.
- Batman: Harley Quinn: it’s mostly harley focused but i really love ivy here + it shows the start of their friendship. Warning, it has the joker a lot.
- Talking about Harley, she appears a lot on Harley Quinn V1 and her n52/Rebirth Comics, i dont have the time to re read everything but i remember really liking ivy in the first volume, and she was sidelined and a bit reduced to love interest in n52 and rebirth, but her characterization isnt bad bad.
Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows i honestly dont remember a lot of this arc but its bolded on my ivy list so i guess i liked it
- Gotham City Sirens: even if people have mixed opinions about this one, i (mostly) really dig ivys characterization here. The rest, like Talia’s characterization for example, are p mediocre or just bad but i liked ivy here.
- Batman strikes! #32, #41 and Li’l Gotham #4, #19 are borderline crack but they’re fun to read
- Joker’s Asylum: Poison Ivy #1: if you like in character 100% villain ivy.. yes
- Batgirl Annual #2 i still have mixed opinions about this one but i mostly enjoyed it so yea
- Poison Ivy Cycle of Life and Death started off really good but then it became super ugly.. honestly just read the first three issues and then pretend the rest never happened
- And it might not have really #deep meaningful ivy characterization and but it was fun to read and it didnt really murder her character: The Batman Adventures Holiday Special (1994), The Gotham Girl Adventures, and Batman: Harley and Ivy (note to this last one: bruce timm can choke for all i care but the art style is cute and ivy is p damn gay on that trade)
- Oh and in other media, I liked her on the cartoons like Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures