a selection of moments during mitski’s gig 2night when i teared up:
- francis forever… bc it always makes me a bit teary and gay :””) yknow like um. ‘i look up at the gaps of sunlight / i miss u more than anything’ that part aahsjdfg
- they played! the key change! in first love/late spring !! hjgfsdsghkj im a nerd but key changes just make me cry always lmao
- i will… for like. the same reaosns as francis forever lmao it’s just i love that song yknow?
- drunk walk home. ok let’s talk abt this ok yknow how she screams on the track? i didnt think she’d do that live but she did it and oh my god oh my god i love her and it was So Much yknow? that was the first time the tears left my eyes. that was the defining moment of the gig tbh
- last words of a shooting star is like, same content point of ff/i will + same captivating performance as drunk walk home ie everyone stopped moving, tapping feet bobbing heads whatever, n we were all just staring at her. for both those songs
- and finally…. oh my god. oh my god she did class of 2013 as the encore?? i was not expecting it n like. ahhhhh and she did that thing! where she holds the guitar right up 2 her face like in the npr tiny desk concert which ive watched god knows how many times but this!! was real!!!! it was live!!!! holy ufck i can’t believe i saw that yknow? so i was holding back sobs bc that wouldve been embarrassing ig but i was That emotional. oh my god it was incredible and i love live music