PoTC Completely Missed Their Chance to Have a Mom & Son Adventure and I Will Forever Be DISAPPOINTED ABOUT THIS
Look. Things could have turned out soooo well, if they chose this route instead because
- Elizabeth friggin Swan doesn’t just sit and wait around – Elizabeth Swan was once dubbed the KING OF PIRATES. SHE DON”T WAIT FOR SHIT
- there is no way in h e l l that she would not find out about her son’s plan to free will and not want to have a part in it
- ~MOM AND SON TIME!~ how often do we get action movies where we focus on the relationship between a mother and her son??? NEVER
- Elizabeth gets to show off her skills with the sword and on the ship again and be a BOSS
- Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth have some banter about the past and talk about Will Turner more – ya know, the guy they are trying to break the curse for
- Elizabeth Swann would stare down Salazar’s Ghost Crew without blinking cause’ let’s be honest, she’s done this shit before
- Also, undead sharks? whatever. It’s tame in comparison to what she’s already seen before.
- Elizabeth is there when she notices Henry’s interest in Carina and they have a Talk, but it’s very sweet and she is very encouraging
- Carina and Elizabeth talk and bond and Carina sees a mother she never had and it’s GOOD OK?
- Elizabeth would hold her own against Salazar in a duel. I’m pretty sure.