For Flint, what is great about the story that we’re telling is that although it’s on this huge canvas, you know, he’s exacting this war on England, he’s trying to emancipate in some way these people. But really is he doing it for altruistic reasons? Is he doing it for honorable reasons? Or is he doing it because it’s really playing out his own psycho-drama and his own slightly sort of demented thing of wanting revenge on England for what they did to him? And I think that’s what’s so satisfying about this. Because, yes it is about pirates, but in the end it’s an incredibly personal story. These characters are very personal and they’re complex and sophisticated and it made it incredibly rewarding for me as an actor to bring that to life. – Toby Stephens
So i just finished For The Love Of Spock (which is amazing, go watch it), and during the documentary Leonard Nimoy’s son is interviewing George Takei and he asks George what he thinks of the “slash-fantasy” of Kirk and Spock (which he describes as “pretty damn compelling!”) and George replies with “It’s a matter of who is looking at it, from what perspective. And from the perspective of gay people, seeing that is eye-opening. They see the gay passion, the gay attraction, and the gay anguish depicted in those scenes” which literally implies that that gay content was/is there to be seen in the first place (which it 100% is). So uh, this whole post was basically to say that spirk is canon lads
Just a few things that are keeping me sane right now:
• To me, the hasty removal of the chess promo picture because of ‘spoilers’ is now very suspicious to say the least. Especially considering that they now don’t seem to care about the final episode being spoiled whatsoever. Why even bother unless there is something else going on?
• The totally fucky and absolutely weird filming schedule, to the point where the Canadian director of the first episode flew back and forth between countries to refilm sequences for The Six Thatchers while The Lying Detective was in production.
• NDA for the other screenings but not for The Final Problem. I’m just saying why would they drop two huge bombs those first two episodes and then make us believe that the last one has no big rug pulls, like, you guys come on.
• Go back and watch every weirdly stunted answer to pretty basic interview questions especially ones concerning the relationship between John and Sherlock. (You could go back for years, but honestly just the recent PBS interviews are enough for me.)
• The completely missing scenes that were filmed but never shown, that’s some pretty big expenses for a show like this to then just scrap it and decide to go without them at all.
• The entire world knows they filmed Andrew in the final episode he’s in the trailer, Moriarty is not going to be the big kicker here.
• Has anything that’s been spoiled so far sound anything like television history? Because what I’ve seen and heard doesn’t seem like it at all. It doesn’t sound like insane wish fulfillment either.
I know it’s hard out here right now for members of TJLC, I understand if you’re feeling anxious and if you need to vent your frustrations right now go right ahead, I just made this little spoiler free list to remind us all that so far, nothing is lost. Let’s just keep breathing and see what Sunday holds for us. I have faith it will be spectacular.
Only people who do not follow Yuzuru for long have the “knowledge” to comment that Yuzuru is not confident as before. In fact, Yuzuru LOVES challenges and the more challenges come the more he enjoys it. Go and read his interviews and watch various videos which show his expressions.
Only people who do not follow Yuzuru constantly
have the “knowledge” to comment that he is not consistent as before. I have to laugh at this comment. I mean, seriously, Yuzuru has always been HOT and COLD. He has his own pattern (and all skaters have their own pattern too). He never won his first GP event of the season, but instead he has won 4 GPF consecutively. He often peaked mid-season and they are trying to adjust his training so he can do better in the second half of the season. Some competitions are his jinx (Cup of China, Skate Canada and 4CC). Some skating orders like 2nd and 3rd he does not prefer. Sometimes he skates brilliantly sometimes he messes up. It is normal, skaters are human and they all have their good and bad days. Even Yana Kudryavtseva, the angel with iron wings, messed up and lost Olympic gold despite dominating rhythmic gymnast for so long.
If you follow Yuzuru for long, you will see that: 1) Yuzuru has always loved challenges as challenges only make him stronger. 2) Yuzuru has always been confident about his skills. 3) Yuzuru has never been at his perfect competitive condition after a long rest (he has 2 months without competition from GPF in early December to 4CC in mid-February). 4) Yuzuru is trying to delay his peak for World Championship, the most important competition of this season. 5) And of course, Yuzuru’s main goal to peak his best is 2018 Olympic.
literally what is the point of Draco being a pasty vanilla pudding cup if he doesn’t go pink at every opportunity??? Draco going red when he fights with Harry !!! Draco turning pink up to his ears when Harry tries to ask him normal, school related questions. Draco getting redder and redder as his house mates grill him about his obvious crush. Draco’s cheeks turning pink when Harry kisses him for the first time !!!
Everyone please go find a way to watch Trevor Noah’s interview of Tomi Lahren that just happened tonight on The Daily Show. That was absolutely invigorating. Trevor Noah was masterful in his questions and his management of the interview was superb.