Shiratorizawa Week: Childhood
The days of youth are precious ones that the team looks back on with nostalgia. Though, things eventually have to change, there are a few moments that make them remember these days with happiness.
Volleyball was pretty much everyone’s way of life from the beginning. While they all started at different ages, some of their earliest and fondest memories are those of when they would play at a short net and struggle to even receive a ball.
- Ushijima, Reon and Soekawa were friends since childhood. While Ushijima and Reon were fine playing by themselves, Soekawa invited them to play with his other friends. Since then, their friendship has literally been built up of supporting Ushijima who was too timid to talk to other people.
- Tendou’s childhood, as from canon, wasn’t the happiest. However, like most kids who get cast aside, they have really strong friendships with kids just like them. Tendou’s best friend would always want to go over to his house to watch anime with him. Despite what happened with other kids, he was almost overjoyed and totally accepting with them; making sure that he talked to them at every opportunity that he could.
- Semi and his friends used to have their own secret language. The best thing about it is that they still remember parts of it so whenever they meet up they start talking in it to confuse everyone. They actually have no memory of how it was created but… it’s there.
- Shirabu used to live in Tokyo. Though, he only moved to Sendai when he was eight, since his mother thought that the city was going to be too much of a bad influence on her son. It was difficult for Shirabu to make friends, coming into school at such an awkward time, but he used this time to focus on studying so he would never fall behind.
- Kawanishi was pretty much the exact opposite of what he is now; the little guy was so lively and full of energy. He was daring and would climb EVERYTHING. That all kind of stopped when he ended up just staying inside for so long when his parents told him that he would end up injuring himself. He just lost interest after that.
- Goshiki was praised all the time as a kid, more so than his cousins around him. He was never alone since he was a popular kid with both the family and also the kids at school. Goshiki prefered hanging out with his family though, since he was raised with the idea that family would always be there for you.